Heading to Barcelona & Lisbon for the first time next month, and I always try to have a thorough understanding of the transport system in cities I visit.
The Barcelona bus and Metro map presents several questions:
Some buses have letters preceding their number (H, B). Is this information I need to know?
In addition to the L (metro) lines, there are lines designated R, S, and T...apparently part of the Renfe system rather than part of TMB?
Are these R,S, & T lines included (to any extent) with a Barcelona Card or regular metro ticket. If so, to what extent (zones)?
Thank for this and any other tips you can give about navigating the system.
NOTE: I am very much at ease with transport systems in large cities like London and Paris -- where a 1-week card includes all the "flavors" of trains (Metro, RER, Transilien in Paris for instance) within the designated zones -- not a newbie in that respect. I just need to know the rules.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 5 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 6 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 12 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 18 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 19 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 20 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 24 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations