over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 italy itinerary request
- 3 Train rides
- 4 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 5 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 8 First time in Italy
- 9 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 10 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 11 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 12 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 13 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 18 Renting a car in Florence
- 19 What about Basque Country?
- 20 Salento penninsula
- 21 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 22 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 25 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?