over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 2 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 6 Madrid airport question
- 7 Yahoo Mail I:84:4:29:I:67O:6:::
- 8 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 9 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 10 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 vegetarian in spain
- 13 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 14 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 15 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 20 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 21 Imbros Gorge
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 25 Sunday and Monday in Provence area