over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 2 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 3 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 4 Italy
- 5 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 6 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 7 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 8 German Train travel
- 9 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 10 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 11 Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid
- 12 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 13 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 14 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 15 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 16 Lake Como - basta!
- 17 5-6 days in Iceland in May, road trip possible?
- 18 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 19 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 20 France to stop making foie grois
- 21 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 22 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 23 Athens airport
- 24 Stockholm archipelago tour or under 15 bridges tour?
- 25 Part 2 -Five Weeks in France - September 2015