over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car
- 2 February in Florence
- 3 Should we go to Vienna?
- 4 Juangfrau / mt
- 5 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 6 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 7 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 8 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 9 Europe Itinerary
- 10 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 11 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 12 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 13 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 14 Naxos hotel question
- 15 written guide for Olympia
- 16 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 17 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 18 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 19 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 20 Loire Valley itinerary
- 21 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 22 England and Wales by public transport
- 23 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland