over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 2 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 3 Our European adventures
- 4 Travel WiFi - France
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 7 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 10 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 11 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 12 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 13 Planning Advice!
- 14 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 15 Greece in 15 Days
- 16 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 17 Help with itinerary
- 18 Naples or Genoa
- 19 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 20 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 21 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 22 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 23 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 24 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 25 20 free days of Europe