over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 7 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 8 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 9 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 10 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 13 Iceland Day 5
- 14 Holland/France/Spain
- 15 Scotland Trip
- 16 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 17 Montenegro in September
- 18 3 week stay in Scotland
- 19 Paris, France
- 20 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 21 sfo to europe
- 22 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 25 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?