over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Let's remember this is a wonderful travel board!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?