over the last 2 years I have visited this board and have found some wonderful information. when I went i my last trip to london and paris, no less then 10-20 helpful hints saved me money and made my vacation that much more enjoyable.
this board, for many, is a way to share and voice opinions about travel and ways to make the planning easier and the trip safer, more exciting, and for some much less expensive.
lately, (over the last 3 to 4 months) I have seen alot of anon and xxxx posters coming on this board with the specific intention of disrupting the boards. people, we need to ignore them. what they want is someone to argue with, someone to bait and jeer. now, i am not talking about voicing differences of opinion. that can be done politely and in the spirit of debate without being personal.
I have a suggestion. if someone comes on board and asks a question, lets answer it and ignore those that wish to start trouble. completely ignore them. eventually they WILL get tired and go away or hopefully fodors will block their ip addresses.
i love freedom of speech, it's what we in america stand for. that does not give license to forget one's manners. this board is in trouble...lets save it by ignoring those that want to cause the trouble.
just a reminder to those of us who have loved this board and participated for several years. there is always one or two that want to cause trouble. if they have no fuel, they can't burn!
sandy c(new bern)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Christmas Day in Granada
- 4 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Quizz !
- 8 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 9 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 10 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 13 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 14 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 15 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Pay attention to your watches !
- 19 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 20 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 21 Venice/Mestre
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 25 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?