Things we learned this trip-
1. NEVER fly on an AirFrance 747. It is a cattle car. I am not a tall person-ok I am short!- and I felt cramped for space.
2. Buy a two day visitors pass for the Metro. For 14.90€ each we rode as much as we wanted.
3. Learn what busses pass your hotel. Then when you want to get a bus back you know what lines you are looking for.
4. Test technology at home-we had a clock that malfunctioned several time. The most critical was the morning we were to fly from Paris to Nice. Yowsa!
5. Let the driver arrange for the car. This avoids problems like-how could have booked this car??? My husband referred to the car as Le Grande Cochon.
6. Don’t trust your credit card to settle insurance claims. Get proof. We had problems with AutoEurope that cost us 659€ from a damage claim from a prior trip.
7. Sometimes you get lucky with the weather. Sunny and warm for the first two segments of the trip.
8. Le Mistral is not as poetic as it sounds.
9. Take some ziplock bags. I just threw some in just before we left the house and they were a godsend.
10. Don’t bring seeds back unless they have something like a certificate of cleanliness??? That is what the nice gentlemen at the airport said before he gleefully told us they would incinerate the ones they confiscated from us. We are in mourning.
11. Take the audio guide where available. It gives you so much more information and adds to the experience.
12. Remember this is a vacation.
Lessons Learned: A trip report for Paris, Villefranche-sur-mer & Saint Remy March 07
Things we learned this trip-
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 4 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 5 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 6 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 7 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 8 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 9 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 10 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 11 Pronunciation
- 12 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 15 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 16 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 19 best time to book accommodation
- 20 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 21 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 22 London visit
- 23 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?