I will be in Camogli from May 18-24, and am interested in some hiking. I have already posted a question about hikes around Camogli, but am also interested in your views on hiking possibilities in and around Cinque Terre.
I will probably end up hiking at least part of the coastal path linking the five towns (maybe the Corniglia - Vernazza segment?), but given the likelihood that the trails will be packed like a sardine can, I am also considering alternative ways of enjoying this beautiful region.
From the reading I've done, there seem to be at least 2 options for hikes to than than within CT: 1) Portovenere to Riomaggiore, 2) Levanto to Monterosso. Option 1 is less accessible from Camogli (I won't have a car), I wonder if it's even doable in one day? Getting to PV would probably entail taking a train to La Spezia then either a bus or a ferry, or possibly a ferry all the way from Camogli. I like the idea of seeing the five towns from the water on the way to PV, then seeing them from above on the hike from PV.
Within CT, some books recommend the high trail (Sentiero Rosso) between the towns as a less traveled alternative to the coastal trail. Also (correct me if I'm wrong), I believe the high path does not require the purchase of a CT card. I imagine getting to it from any of the towns would involve quite a steep initial climb. Perhaps if I started in Levanto (option 2 above), I could just continue on the high path to any of the towns (for example, descending in Vernazza rather than Monterosso).
Anyway, I would appreciate your input on these ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 알라딘 ▶ 도메인 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 2 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 3 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 4 3 days outside Venice
- 5 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 6 Night Bus?
- 7 Avignon, best place to drop off a rental car?
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 10 Moldova and Transnistria
- 11 Reaching the Lake District
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 seat reservations
- 18 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 21 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 24 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 25 Help Planning Honeymoon