Les viviers du pilon.
Just at the exit of the parking du port leaving St Tropez towards la foulx.
A vivier is some place where you keep seafood alive.
This restaurant used to be a fish shop (how do you say poissonnerie ?) and they still sell fish.
They built a very beautiful terrace around a vivier where you can choose your crayfish should you want to.
I had a seafood platter with half a crayfish a few 'bulots' some oysters some mussels some 'clams' some prawns. No bigorneaux though.
I distributed some of it and had trouble to finish it.
A light dessert was then enough.
My wife had a daurade and my daughter a tuna mi-cuit (half cooked).
The staff is great even when you don't tip them and the view is just gorgeous. You are 20 feet from the St Tropez bay.
We had a magnum of Chablis ... always choose a magnum when you can the ratio gas/volume of wine is better than a normal bottle (oops I don't work for a US newspaper so disregard my advice on wine).
A perfect evening.
Quite expensive though. But we Europeans are cheap so it don't mean nuthin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 2 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Lille Braderie 2017
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 7 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 8 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 9 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 12 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 13 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 14 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 17 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 20 Greek Village
- 21 Berlin
- 22 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
Les viviers du pilon.