Les viviers du pilon.
Just at the exit of the parking du port leaving St Tropez towards la foulx.
A vivier is some place where you keep seafood alive.
This restaurant used to be a fish shop (how do you say poissonnerie ?) and they still sell fish.
They built a very beautiful terrace around a vivier where you can choose your crayfish should you want to.
I had a seafood platter with half a crayfish a few 'bulots' some oysters some mussels some 'clams' some prawns. No bigorneaux though.
I distributed some of it and had trouble to finish it.
A light dessert was then enough.
My wife had a daurade and my daughter a tuna mi-cuit (half cooked).
The staff is great even when you don't tip them and the view is just gorgeous. You are 20 feet from the St Tropez bay.
We had a magnum of Chablis ... always choose a magnum when you can the ratio gas/volume of wine is better than a normal bottle (oops I don't work for a US newspaper so disregard my advice on wine).
A perfect evening.
Quite expensive though. But we Europeans are cheap so it don't mean nuthin.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 7 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 8 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Bordeaux to Nice
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 Berlin
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 18 Germany or Sweden
- 19 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 20 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 21 Two days in Rome
- 22 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 PARIS
- 25 One free day in Barcelona
Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
Les viviers du pilon.