Ober - Sale.
17 rue oberkampf 11e.
Loved it. We wanted to go to la Chemise rue de Malte 11e which was full. So I took their card because it looked very nice and asked 'et que recommendez-vous dans Le coin ?' A question I like to ask. So they is to Ober Sale.
Small. Less cosy. Very nice waiter. I ordered a Bourgogne Pinot Noif and told him the joke of the black who runs away during the 'vendanges' when they have to cut the grapes of the Pinot noir.
Well ... Passons....
So having secured a good wine we went for a risotto de pleurottes (mushrooms) : superb.
My daughter (veg) went for the bar (fish not alcohol) I asked une queue de boeuf (oxtail). Delicious. I complimented him : votre queue est superbe. Passons encore.
A digeo (une prune - ben oui après une queue).
In short : superb.
Price : less than 40 per person without alcohol.
I spent an excellent evening and left my daughter with friends at the 'fluctuat nec mergitur' on republique. 10 min max from the restaurant.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Driving through Paris
- 9 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 10 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 11 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 12 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
Les bons plans de Whathello - Paris - restaurant
Ober - Sale.