We are planning to go to Germany later this year. We hope to spend 5-7 days in the Leipzig-Dresden area and need to decide which of these two to use as a base (we don’t want to move around, or we would split the time). We’re looking for a city that has good yet reasonably-price accommodations, is physically attractive with a lot of green area and is pedestrian-friendly to seniors, has some interesting attractions and a good intracity public transportation system, and could serve as a good base for train-based day trips to nearby smaller towns. Do you think either of these two would serve as well, or do you think one of them would be a better base than the other? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Leipzig or Dresden as base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 9 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 10 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions