We are planning to go to Germany later this year. We hope to spend 5-7 days in the Leipzig-Dresden area and need to decide which of these two to use as a base (we don’t want to move around, or we would split the time). We’re looking for a city that has good yet reasonably-price accommodations, is physically attractive with a lot of green area and is pedestrian-friendly to seniors, has some interesting attractions and a good intracity public transportation system, and could serve as a good base for train-based day trips to nearby smaller towns. Do you think either of these two would serve as well, or do you think one of them would be a better base than the other? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Leipzig or Dresden as base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 2 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 3 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 4 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 5 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 6 Help with Summer 2015 Trip to Italy
- 7 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Dusseldorf and Frankfurt
- 10 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 11 One week in Bavaria, Salzburg and Prague
- 12 4 Months in Europe
- 13 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 14 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 15 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 16 Piran to Venice via ferry
- 17 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 18 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 19 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 20 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 21 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 22 Airbnb scam
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 25 Tipping in the UK