We are planning to go to Germany later this year. We hope to spend 5-7 days in the Leipzig-Dresden area and need to decide which of these two to use as a base (we don’t want to move around, or we would split the time). We’re looking for a city that has good yet reasonably-price accommodations, is physically attractive with a lot of green area and is pedestrian-friendly to seniors, has some interesting attractions and a good intracity public transportation system, and could serve as a good base for train-based day trips to nearby smaller towns. Do you think either of these two would serve as well, or do you think one of them would be a better base than the other? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Leipzig or Dresden as base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books