We are planning to go to Germany later this year. We hope to spend 5-7 days in the Leipzig-Dresden area and need to decide which of these two to use as a base (we don’t want to move around, or we would split the time). We’re looking for a city that has good yet reasonably-price accommodations, is physically attractive with a lot of green area and is pedestrian-friendly to seniors, has some interesting attractions and a good intracity public transportation system, and could serve as a good base for train-based day trips to nearby smaller towns. Do you think either of these two would serve as well, or do you think one of them would be a better base than the other? Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.
Leipzig or Dresden as base?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?
- 4 Car in Prague
- 5 Rome Accommodation
- 6 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 7 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 8 Istanbul hotels
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 10 2 Week European Itinerary
- 11 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 12 TGV and Provence questions
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 15 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 16 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 17 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 20 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 21 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 22 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 23 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?