Hello fellow travelers,
I am an American currently in Prague, and the section of the embassy with whom I'd normally inquire is closed today. So, I thought this might prove useful.
I landed in Germany in August, and moved about within the Schengen-zone for around a month (29 Days). My girlfriend is teaching English in Prague, so we eventually made our way out here for the start of the school year.
In order to get the most out of my 90 days (and be here for the holidays), I decided that I'd do some traveling in non-Schengen countries; I hoped that, cumulatively, time spent in the UK, Croatia, and Montenegro, would not count against my 90 days within the Schengen zone. So, I took a bus to Croatia to stay for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, upon crossing the border for entry (and exit), my passport was not stamped. We stopped at the border and waited for around 7 minutes, and then just kept driving. Could it be that the bus had people's data on-file, and they just electronically scanned us into the system? Or, did nobody check it at all--in which case, is it as if I never left the Schengen zone, and the 12 days I spent Split (although beautiful) were for naught?
To summarize: juggling time in non-Schengen countries seems to be a good way to stay in Europe for longer than 90 days. But, without stamped proof of entry on a passport from Croatia (or any non-Schengen country), how can I prove to immigration officials that I ever left?
Would they accept my bus ticket and lodging receipt as proof?? Or did I just pleasantly waste two weeks?
I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 9 Days in Spain
- 16 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 17 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 18 Iceland early december visit
- 19 Zurich to Milan trip
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 22 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 23 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada
Hello fellow travelers,