Hello fellow travelers,
I am an American currently in Prague, and the section of the embassy with whom I'd normally inquire is closed today. So, I thought this might prove useful.
I landed in Germany in August, and moved about within the Schengen-zone for around a month (29 Days). My girlfriend is teaching English in Prague, so we eventually made our way out here for the start of the school year.
In order to get the most out of my 90 days (and be here for the holidays), I decided that I'd do some traveling in non-Schengen countries; I hoped that, cumulatively, time spent in the UK, Croatia, and Montenegro, would not count against my 90 days within the Schengen zone. So, I took a bus to Croatia to stay for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, upon crossing the border for entry (and exit), my passport was not stamped. We stopped at the border and waited for around 7 minutes, and then just kept driving. Could it be that the bus had people's data on-file, and they just electronically scanned us into the system? Or, did nobody check it at all--in which case, is it as if I never left the Schengen zone, and the 12 days I spent Split (although beautiful) were for naught?
To summarize: juggling time in non-Schengen countries seems to be a good way to stay in Europe for longer than 90 days. But, without stamped proof of entry on a passport from Croatia (or any non-Schengen country), how can I prove to immigration officials that I ever left?
Would they accept my bus ticket and lodging receipt as proof?? Or did I just pleasantly waste two weeks?
I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 5 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 A few days outside Rome
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Paris Metro
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 22 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 23 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 Cambrils
Hello fellow travelers,