Hello fellow travelers,
I am an American currently in Prague, and the section of the embassy with whom I'd normally inquire is closed today. So, I thought this might prove useful.
I landed in Germany in August, and moved about within the Schengen-zone for around a month (29 Days). My girlfriend is teaching English in Prague, so we eventually made our way out here for the start of the school year.
In order to get the most out of my 90 days (and be here for the holidays), I decided that I'd do some traveling in non-Schengen countries; I hoped that, cumulatively, time spent in the UK, Croatia, and Montenegro, would not count against my 90 days within the Schengen zone. So, I took a bus to Croatia to stay for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, upon crossing the border for entry (and exit), my passport was not stamped. We stopped at the border and waited for around 7 minutes, and then just kept driving. Could it be that the bus had people's data on-file, and they just electronically scanned us into the system? Or, did nobody check it at all--in which case, is it as if I never left the Schengen zone, and the 12 days I spent Split (although beautiful) were for naught?
To summarize: juggling time in non-Schengen countries seems to be a good way to stay in Europe for longer than 90 days. But, without stamped proof of entry on a passport from Croatia (or any non-Schengen country), how can I prove to immigration officials that I ever left?
Would they accept my bus ticket and lodging receipt as proof?? Or did I just pleasantly waste two weeks?
I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 First time in Bulgaria
- 5 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 6 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 7 Alps Drive
- 8 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 9 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 St Denis Cathedral
- 13 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 Paris cooking classes
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 18 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 19 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 20 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Praiano
- 23 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 24 Help please
- 25 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
Hello fellow travelers,