Hello fellow travelers,
I am an American currently in Prague, and the section of the embassy with whom I'd normally inquire is closed today. So, I thought this might prove useful.
I landed in Germany in August, and moved about within the Schengen-zone for around a month (29 Days). My girlfriend is teaching English in Prague, so we eventually made our way out here for the start of the school year.
In order to get the most out of my 90 days (and be here for the holidays), I decided that I'd do some traveling in non-Schengen countries; I hoped that, cumulatively, time spent in the UK, Croatia, and Montenegro, would not count against my 90 days within the Schengen zone. So, I took a bus to Croatia to stay for a couple of weeks.
Unfortunately, upon crossing the border for entry (and exit), my passport was not stamped. We stopped at the border and waited for around 7 minutes, and then just kept driving. Could it be that the bus had people's data on-file, and they just electronically scanned us into the system? Or, did nobody check it at all--in which case, is it as if I never left the Schengen zone, and the 12 days I spent Split (although beautiful) were for naught?
To summarize: juggling time in non-Schengen countries seems to be a good way to stay in Europe for longer than 90 days. But, without stamped proof of entry on a passport from Croatia (or any non-Schengen country), how can I prove to immigration officials that I ever left?
Would they accept my bus ticket and lodging receipt as proof?? Or did I just pleasantly waste two weeks?
I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 2 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 3 슈퍼카지노주소(★)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(★)헬로우카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 4 선릉야구장가격O1O 2145 4594 ∀선릉야구장추천
- 5 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 6 슈퍼카지노주소(★)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(★)헬로카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 슈퍼카지노주소(★)＼ ZB79.ZE。AM ＼(★)레드카지노【슈퍼카지노】
- 8 YIKES!
- 9 Germany deregistration
- 10 Cinqueterre
- 11 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 12 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 13 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 stonehenge day trip from london
- 16 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 17 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 18 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 19 credit and debit cards
- 20 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 21 Train tickets in Italy?
- 22 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 23 6 days in Croatia
- 24 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 25 Train(s) from Lucerne to Barcelona?
Hello fellow travelers,