I have one night to spend somewhere in the heel of the boot of Puglia. My first inclination was to stay in Lecce for the night, but I am now thinking I would rather stay on either the Adriatic or Ionian Coast. After reading so many travel tips, I feel like Lecce is a must, but my husband and I prefer smaller towns and coastal locations. If Lecce is a must, I can visit it during the day and spend the evening somewhere else. Or Lecce may be a place that I need to stay the night to experience it. I have found a quaint place In Gallipoli that looks great. But there are also places near Otranto and Ostuni that look great as well. Ideally, we would like to have a nice seafood dinner somewhere overlooking the water and our hotel or B & B should be close enough to walk or not drive far. For those who have been there, if you had only one night, where would you stay and where would you eat? (Our other nights in the area are a farm stay in Canosa di Puglia for 3 nights, and Matera for 1 night). Thanks for your help as always!
Lecce, Gallipoli or Otranto area for 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 4 Story of the German Christmas star
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 Three ferries to Mull
- 9 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 10 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 11 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 driving in france with kids
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 17 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 20 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 21 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 24 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?