I have one night to spend somewhere in the heel of the boot of Puglia. My first inclination was to stay in Lecce for the night, but I am now thinking I would rather stay on either the Adriatic or Ionian Coast. After reading so many travel tips, I feel like Lecce is a must, but my husband and I prefer smaller towns and coastal locations. If Lecce is a must, I can visit it during the day and spend the evening somewhere else. Or Lecce may be a place that I need to stay the night to experience it. I have found a quaint place In Gallipoli that looks great. But there are also places near Otranto and Ostuni that look great as well. Ideally, we would like to have a nice seafood dinner somewhere overlooking the water and our hotel or B & B should be close enough to walk or not drive far. For those who have been there, if you had only one night, where would you stay and where would you eat? (Our other nights in the area are a farm stay in Canosa di Puglia for 3 nights, and Matera for 1 night). Thanks for your help as always!
Lecce, Gallipoli or Otranto area for 1 night?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling within Italy
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 To Paris and Provence in June
- 4 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 5 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 London at Easter
- 9 Florence in October
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 16 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 19 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 20 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 21 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 22 Which travel plan?
- 23 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???