I have one night to spend somewhere in the heel of the boot of Puglia. My first inclination was to stay in Lecce for the night, but I am now thinking I would rather stay on either the Adriatic or Ionian Coast. After reading so many travel tips, I feel like Lecce is a must, but my husband and I prefer smaller towns and coastal locations. If Lecce is a must, I can visit it during the day and spend the evening somewhere else. Or Lecce may be a place that I need to stay the night to experience it. I have found a quaint place In Gallipoli that looks great. But there are also places near Otranto and Ostuni that look great as well. Ideally, we would like to have a nice seafood dinner somewhere overlooking the water and our hotel or B & B should be close enough to walk or not drive far. For those who have been there, if you had only one night, where would you stay and where would you eat? (Our other nights in the area are a farm stay in Canosa di Puglia for 3 nights, and Matera for 1 night). Thanks for your help as always!
Lecce, Gallipoli or Otranto area for 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 2 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 3 Greece after the Vote
- 4 Valencia, Granada, Seville or Malaga ????
- 5 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 6 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 7 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 8 Back to Provence in 2015
- 9 Biarritz and San Sebastian in 1 Day?
- 10 Spain trip report
- 11 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 12 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 13 Rocamaxour
- 14 Traffic Violation fine - don't they want my money?
- 15 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 16 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 17 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 18 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 19 Day Trips from Paris
- 20 How to see Yorkshire and Northern England in 3-4 nights without a car
- 21 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 22 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 23 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 24 Tell me about Manchester
- 25 Food safety in Istanbul.