I have one night to spend somewhere in the heel of the boot of Puglia. My first inclination was to stay in Lecce for the night, but I am now thinking I would rather stay on either the Adriatic or Ionian Coast. After reading so many travel tips, I feel like Lecce is a must, but my husband and I prefer smaller towns and coastal locations. If Lecce is a must, I can visit it during the day and spend the evening somewhere else. Or Lecce may be a place that I need to stay the night to experience it. I have found a quaint place In Gallipoli that looks great. But there are also places near Otranto and Ostuni that look great as well. Ideally, we would like to have a nice seafood dinner somewhere overlooking the water and our hotel or B & B should be close enough to walk or not drive far. For those who have been there, if you had only one night, where would you stay and where would you eat? (Our other nights in the area are a farm stay in Canosa di Puglia for 3 nights, and Matera for 1 night). Thanks for your help as always!
Lecce, Gallipoli or Otranto area for 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April?
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 car rental companies Italy
- 4 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 5 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 13 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 London hotel
- 20 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 23 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 24 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 25 Need Advice for my first family to Europe