I have one night to spend somewhere in the heel of the boot of Puglia. My first inclination was to stay in Lecce for the night, but I am now thinking I would rather stay on either the Adriatic or Ionian Coast. After reading so many travel tips, I feel like Lecce is a must, but my husband and I prefer smaller towns and coastal locations. If Lecce is a must, I can visit it during the day and spend the evening somewhere else. Or Lecce may be a place that I need to stay the night to experience it. I have found a quaint place In Gallipoli that looks great. But there are also places near Otranto and Ostuni that look great as well. Ideally, we would like to have a nice seafood dinner somewhere overlooking the water and our hotel or B & B should be close enough to walk or not drive far. For those who have been there, if you had only one night, where would you stay and where would you eat? (Our other nights in the area are a farm stay in Canosa di Puglia for 3 nights, and Matera for 1 night). Thanks for your help as always!
Lecce, Gallipoli or Otranto area for 1 night?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 9 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Heli Tour
- 12 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 15 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 21 Tight Planning?
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 24 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 25 Travel with Teens