I'll be making a trip to Italy here in just a few weeks. It was a spur of the moment thing and my Dad offered a trip to Italy while we both had some free time. I am 25 and he is 50+. Well be spending two nights in Rome where well arrive first. After leaving Rome in the morning we have a clean slate and 3 nights/4 days to spend down South before returning to Rome for a final night. He asked if I could put together the rest of the trip from Rome and back.
I was at first considering that morning heading to Pompeii to see the ruins. Then head to Naples to go to the relics of Pompeii museum my grandmother recommended. That seems like a pretty full day there and would then grab dinner/hotel in Naples for the night. My cousin is also working overseas in Gaeta on a communications boat. I don't know if it would also be possible to see him that day.
So that's as far as I've gotten! If staying in Naples seems like a good idea that night, then will have two more nights and 3 days to work with. I was hoping some of you could provide great things to do in Amalfi/Sorrento and wherever else with that amount of time. I am an ocean lover and those views of Positano look amazing. I'd love to try and get on a boat somehow. No serious contraint on budget. I think my dad might be wanting to get a guide as well. Well see what happens from here. Thank you so much for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 9 Days in Spain
- 7 Pay attention to your watches !
- 8 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 9 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 10 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 13 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 14 car insurance italy
- 15 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 auto europa or auto europe?
- 19 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Barcelona alternative
- 22 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 23 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
Leaving Rome - South! 3 nights/4 days w father. Amalfi, Pompeii Help Wanted