I'll be making a trip to Italy here in just a few weeks. It was a spur of the moment thing and my Dad offered a trip to Italy while we both had some free time. I am 25 and he is 50+. Well be spending two nights in Rome where well arrive first. After leaving Rome in the morning we have a clean slate and 3 nights/4 days to spend down South before returning to Rome for a final night. He asked if I could put together the rest of the trip from Rome and back.
I was at first considering that morning heading to Pompeii to see the ruins. Then head to Naples to go to the relics of Pompeii museum my grandmother recommended. That seems like a pretty full day there and would then grab dinner/hotel in Naples for the night. My cousin is also working overseas in Gaeta on a communications boat. I don't know if it would also be possible to see him that day.
So that's as far as I've gotten! If staying in Naples seems like a good idea that night, then will have two more nights and 3 days to work with. I was hoping some of you could provide great things to do in Amalfi/Sorrento and wherever else with that amount of time. I am an ocean lover and those views of Positano look amazing. I'd love to try and get on a boat somehow. No serious contraint on budget. I think my dad might be wanting to get a guide as well. Well see what happens from here. Thank you so much for any advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 4 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Scotland in 7 Days
- 9 Azores
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 14 Cascais or Algarve?
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 19 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 25 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
Leaving Rome - South! 3 nights/4 days w father. Amalfi, Pompeii Help Wanted