My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 2 Moving to Belfast
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 4 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 5 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 6 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 7 Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS
- 8 How long in Venice?
- 9 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 10 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 11 Connections at CDG
- 12 Hotel in Rome?
- 13 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 14 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 15 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 16 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 17 granada to algarve
- 18 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 19 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 20 Ireland driving vacation
- 21 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 22 Cotswolds village base
- 23 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 24 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 25 Normandy in October