My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 2 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 3 Pousadas
- 4 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 5 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 6 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 8 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 11 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 12 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 13 Scotland
- 14 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 15 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 16 Change in Travel
- 17 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 18 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 19 ireland
- 20 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 21 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 22 Some Ireland enjoyment tips
- 23 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 24 Any other tour/sightseeing sites, besides Viator???
- 25 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France