My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 2 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 5 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 France, Italy and Greec
- 8 gites de france or agritourism
- 9 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 13 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 14 Trains in Italy
- 15 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 16 Nice or Marseille??
- 17 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 18 Dresden or Leipzig
- 19 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 20 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 23 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 24 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 25 ACP Rail -- any info?