My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 7 days in Andalucia
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 7 Euro Train
- 8 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 15 Belgium
- 16 Navigo Decouverte
- 17 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 18 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 21 15 days in Europe,
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Madrid to Sevilla
- 24 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station