My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 2 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 5 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 6 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 7 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 8 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 9 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 10 The east coast of Italy
- 11 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 12 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 13 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 14 Bella to Rome
- 15 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 16 Ireland or Scotland
- 17 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 18 Two Month Europe Trip
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 First Trip to Europe
- 21 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 22 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 23 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 24 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 25 Bologna - 5 days too much?