My family, which includes myself, my husband and 3 kids ages 17, 14 and 9 are headed to Frankfurt to visit family based in Ramstein. We will spend a few days adjusting to Europe time and then head to Paris for four days. After that, anything goes. Only my husband has been to Europe and he would really like to get back to the mountain scenery. I would like to learn more about the history of the area. Kids are along for the ride and will adapt to whatever we do. This trip came about at the last minute and I feel very unprepared to fly across the ocean and figure out train timetables or rental cars. We will have about two weeks after Paris to venture to Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany. I've been doing a lot with HomeAway to find lodging but does anyone have advice on if other options would be better. Also, train vs. rental car? With a family of 5 which is better? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!
Leaving next week for Europe. Desperately need itinerary help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 25 days in Europe
- 2 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 3 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 4 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 5 scotland trave;
- 6 Booking a 5* luxury hotel..
- 7 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 8 Family trip to France with kids
- 9 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 10 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 11 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 12 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 13 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 14 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 15 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 16 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 17 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 18 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 19 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 20 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 21 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 22 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 23 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 24 Travelling to France
- 25 Where to stay in London