Hello fellow travelers,
With help from many of you, I have been planning a trip to Barcelona and Italy this summer. I will be traveling with my intrepid DH and two teenage sons, ages 18 and 16. They are fairly experienced travelers, as we have taken two similar trips the past two summers.
We will be traveling for 3 weeks, starting in Barcelona. None of us has been to Barcelona, so it’s been a learning curve to plan that part of the trip. We’re leaving in 3-1/2 weeks, so I know I need to get plans settled! I would be so grateful for any suggestions from those of you who are familiar with Barcelona, as I finalize our plans…
Barcelona Itinerary Draft:
Saturday: arrive 9:40 am from JFK; drop off bags at Hotel Colon (across from Sagrada Familia), lunch near the hotel
PM: Park Guell? My concern with this is that we should pre-book our visit, and if complications arise on the journey, that could be a problem. We could also use this time to do a stroll on Las Ramblas or the Bari Gotic
Morning: Las Ramblas stroll; be at Cathedral for the Sardana dance at 12:00, then lunch nearby.
Afternoon: Barceloneta/Palau Guell/Montjuic? We need to decide which
Early morning: Sagrada Familia with guided tour
Late morning: Casa Mila
Lunch near Casa Mila
Afternoon: Casa Battlo
Bari Gotic/Barceloneta/Montjuic : choose whichever we haven’t visited before
Palau de la Musica Catalana: concert (tickets already purchased)
Wednesday: fly out to Genoa/Santa Margherita Ligure
I can see that there is much more to see and do than we can accomplish in a few days. We want to see the highlights, but don’t want to just rush from place to place. We’d like to allow time to absorb the culture and enjoy the experience. Thank you so much for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 12 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 K-Day
- 19 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 20 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
Leaving in 3-1/2 wks! Please help finalize Barcelona itinerary!
Hello fellow travelers,