Hi Swiss experts!
We are leaving on Friday morning for 4 nights in Wengen followed by 4 nights in Vevey. General itinerary for our family of me, DH, DD (5y), DS (3.5y) and Grandma:
Friday - July 26 - travel from london to Wengen (staying at Hotel Schonegg)
Sat - Mannlichen/KS/Grindelwald loop - get an early start and take lift to Mannlichen - take the easy hike from Mannlichen to KS. From KS, take train to Grindelwald and then cable car from Grindelwald back to Mannlichen/Wengen. Assuming will stop places along way for breaks and sightseeing/Lunch, etc. Does this make sense? DH wants to see Grindelwald valley as we didn't visit on previous trip.
Sun - Gimmelwald/Murren/Allmendhubel loop - train from Wengen to Lauterbrunnen, bus to Stechelberg, lift to Gimmelwald, lift to Murren, funicular to Allmendhubel - lunch /playground visit, take Childrens Adventure Trail back down to Murren and descend via Grutschalp to Lauterbrunnen to return to Wengen. Would like to walk from Murren to Grutschalp but think that will put my 3 year old over the edge! Any experience with Childrens adventure Trail vs walk from Murren to Grutschalp?
Mon - Jungfrau in am weather permitting - relax in Wengen in afternoon.
Tues - travel from Wengen to Vevey via Goldenpass - possibly boat ride on Lake Thun before train.
Wed - DH Birthday! Visit Chateau de Chillon first thing in am and then have rest of day to do whatever DH wants - perhaps explore Montreux /Vevey.
Thurs - Aug 1 - Swiss National Day! Go to Le Bouveret first thing in am (maybe via train) for Swiss Vapeur Parc (mini steam train park) for our train obsessed children then lunch by lake and take boat back to Vevey. Firework viewing from Vevey?
Friday - Aug 2 - Open - perhaps train to Gruyere/Broc
Sat Aug 3- back to London (hopefully have time to stop at Vevey market before we have to leave for Geneva airport).
Other questions -
1- Any experience with Swiss National Day in Vevey including whether there are fireworks that we could see from our hotel ? We are staying at Hôtel des Trois Couronnes and are booked in a lakeview room. I can't find too much information on specifics about Swiss national day activities in Vevey or Montreux.
2 - Any experience/tips on boat cruises from Vevey/Montreux. Doesn't appear on the CGN website like there are a ton of options between Vevey and Le Bouveret so I guess we would need to carefully plan our day based on boat time.
3 - For Friday, I am struggling to think that my 3 and 5 yr will have attention span for the full chocolate tour but may still like the train ride up to Gruyere unless anyone has better idea?
Thanks for your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토사이트추천＼⦓⦓⦓ ZEM 3 3。ＣoM ⦔⦔⦔＼〃〃 코드: ddr77 ~ 토토사이트추천
- 2 윈스바카라＼¢＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 3 막탄바카라♖™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™♖¯월드카지노¯の막탄바카라
- 4 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 5 카지노바카라＼¢＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 따자바카라♔™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™♔¯월드카지노¯の따자바카라
- 7 G라이브바카라♦™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™♦¯월드카지노¯のG라이브바카라
- 8 고바카라＼¢＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 9 비비바카라＼¢＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 10 비비바카라＼¢＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 리스보아바카라✉™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™✉¯월드카지노¯の리스보아바카라
- 13 스타바카라＼❀＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 14 나인바카라＼❋＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 15 바카라게임방법✎™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™✎¯월드카지노¯の바카라게임방법
- 16 해외바카라＼❃＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 17 플러스바카라＼❃＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 18 사설토토사이트추천 ~~@~~ZeM 33 . cO m~~@~~코드: Ddr77 스포츠배팅
- 19 내국인바카라❤™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™❤¯월드카지노¯の내국인바카라
- 20 배당높은사이트 ~~@~~ZeM 33 . cO m~~@~~코드: Ddr77 놀이터추천
- 21 실시간해외배당 ~~@~~ZeM 33 . cO m~~@~~코드dr77 해외축구배당
- 22 세븐바카라＼❃＼【➧ ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ ➧】＼ 【슈퍼카지노】
- 23 세계적바카라❖™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™❖¯월드카지노¯の세계적바카라
- 24 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 25 베트남바카라♒™∑Ю AGS98.zz.am Ю∑™♒¯월드카지노¯の베트남바카라
Leaving in 2 days for Wengen and Vevey - last minute questions!
Hi Swiss experts!