I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 4 London - Site List Triage -
- 5 7 Nights in Paris
- 6 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 7 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 8 Cell phones in Ireland
- 9 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 13 Priceline for London hotels
- 14 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 15 Ireland itinerary
- 16 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 Istanbul Itinerary
- 19 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 20 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 21 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 24 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 25 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?