I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From London to Paris to US
- 2 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 3 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 8 Itinerary help please!
- 9 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 10 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 11 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 12 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 13 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 14 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Holiday Itinerary
- 17 Car hire
- 18 Ireland driving itinerary
- 19 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 20 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 Itinerary Help!
- 25 Visiting the Black Forest