I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 2 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 3 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 4 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 5 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 6 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 7 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 8 Self-driving tips for France
- 9 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 10 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 11 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 12 going to italy
- 13 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 14 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 15 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 16 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 17 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 18 Getting to Bruges from Antwerp cruise port
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 21 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 22 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 23 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 24 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 25 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...