I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 2 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 3 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 4 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 5 Barcelona Itinerary
- 6 CapitaineTrain.com again !!!!!
- 7 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 8 Barcelona sites: attire
- 9 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 10 What train pass for Paris?
- 11 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 12 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 13 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 14 short trip klon to koblenz
- 15 Rome Walking Guide
- 16 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 17 Overnight in Obidos or Nazare?
- 18 Paris Visite pass
- 19 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 20 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 21 Cinque Terre
- 22 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 23 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 24 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY