I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Hey Fodor's
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 8 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 9 Advice please...
- 10 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 11 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 12 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 13 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 14 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 15 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 16 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 17 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 18 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 19 Globus Tour Highlights of Britain & Ireland
- 20 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 21 Ireland Bus tours
- 22 Bus Tour/Ireland
- 23 Best Ireland Trip Ever - help!!!
- 24 Ireland help - First EPIC visit in Sept
- 25 Romania driving itinerary help needed