I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
- 1 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 2 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 3 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 4 Northern Italy
- 5 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 6 Pre-paid SIM card at Munich Airport
- 7 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 8 Bellevue House in Florence Contact ?
- 9 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 10 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 11 Drive Rome Florence
- 12 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 13 Which tour company would be best?
- 14 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 15 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 16 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 17 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 18 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 19 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 20 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 21 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 22 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 23 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 24 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 25 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia