I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Change in Travel
- 2 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 3 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 4 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 5 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 6 Is Capri overrated?
- 7 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 8 Need help with our itinerary
- 9 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 10 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 11 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 12 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 13 A week in Paris
- 14 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 15 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 16 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 17 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 19 9 days on amalfi coast
- 20 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 22 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 23 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 24 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 25 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights