I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 2 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 3 Need trip planning help…How to narrow down
- 4 Barcelona
- 5 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 6 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 7 Travel help laundary
- 8 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 9 6 nights in Dublin
- 10 Hotel/Hostel Recommendations
- 11 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 12 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 13 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 14 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 15 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain
- 16 Cinque Terre
- 17 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 18 Beaune train station rental car return
- 19 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 20 Japan or Italy next spring
- 21 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 22 how to get from cdg to dordogne area?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Getting from Chianciano Terme to Venice
- 25 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?