I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
- 1 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 2 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 3 First time to paris...4day stay..what to do?
- 4 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 5 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 6 Retirement Vacation
- 7 Guided Tour recommendation for Pere-Lachaise Cemetery needed
- 8 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 9 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 12 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 13 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 14 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 15 Almalfi in Late March??
- 16 Edinburgh
- 17 Four Days in Seville
- 18 Tour-Free Travel
- 19 London Evening Activity
- 20 Where to Buy Marionettes in Prague?
- 21 Do I Need A Visa for London?
- 22 Planning my days in Paris
- 23 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 24 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 25 Palace of Versailles guided tours