I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Needing to re-enter Norway without processed visa
- 2 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 3 Article on Val d'Orcia, some lodging, some restaurants, summer festas
- 4 24 hours in Vienna - recommendations please
- 5 Calling different phones while in Italy
- 6 Smog in Paris
- 7 Traveling for First time to Italy and Spain. NEED HELP!!
- 8 B&B recommendations in Cotswolds or Chartwell area
- 9 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 10 Rome in 6 days
- 11 Self tours of Jewish Quarter Budapest
- 12 Non Touristy things to do in Paris
- 13 Spain-Have 3 days between Barcelona and Madrid in early September
- 14 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 15 Neapolitan Pizza in Aquino
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Restaurant recommendation in Lyon and Alba
- 18 Interesting/ time worthy WWII sites in Europe
- 19 Need some initial thoughts on itinerary - Dresden, Potsdam, Berlin
- 20 Scotland/London Itinerary Help
- 21 Honeymoon to Greece in June 2014. Santorini, Crete, Mykonos, Rodes
- 22 Looking for Advice on Canary Island Cruises
- 23 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 24 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 25 Norway Itinerary Help