I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 2 Buy Driver's License, Passport, ((firstname.lastname@example.org))
- 3 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 4 Lake Garda- Italy
- 5 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 6 Trains France/Switzerland
- 7 European Championship
- 8 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 9 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 10 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 11 Florence pass yeh or neh
- 12 Bursa/Iznik
- 13 Paris gtg in October?
- 14 Belgian airports
- 15 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 16 Romantic Restaurants in Venice and Sunset Gondola Ride spots
- 17 Is Venice overrated?
- 18 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 19 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 20 Greece Travel Advice
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 23 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 24 Brussels Airport
- 25 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade