I am planning to travel and live in Albania for some time. Before I go I have 4-6 months to prepare and learn some of the language... or at least be introduced to it as much as I can.
I have a friend in school who is Albanian and is going to put something together for me when he can.... key words 'when he can.' It's not that I'm not impatient, but moreso that I am proactive.
1. Which dialect would be advisable to learn for more 'well rounded' usage through the entire country of Albania if not the region?
2. Which resources are available out there that are going to actually be productively helpful.
The reason that I ask the second question is because I have been reading lots of reviews on materials such as Magnum/s language course and Pimsleur language course. Having used Pimsleur before I understand it''s either hit or miss with that resource. Sometimes it's really basic... too basic, and other times its really advanced... too advanced.
I would appreciate any incite as to materials, preferably Cd's/audio cassettes, that would start to create my working knowledge of the Albanian language. I'm really excited to jump in and welcome any help!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy + Greece + Croatia
- 2 Cordoba or Granada?
- 3 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 4 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 5 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 6 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 7 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 8 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 9 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 10 First Time Europe Trip
- 11 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 12 St Andrews advice
- 13 Guided tours or drive yourself? - Scotland
- 14 Cordoba to Madrid airport?
- 15 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 16 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 17 Seville Hotels - September 2016
- 18 Hostel Advice
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Rome for a week
- 23 Touring Wales
- 24 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 25 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels