With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you so much.
My husband and I plan to slow travel by car from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 임팩트바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Crete Holiday
- 4 Rome to Venice
- 5 Bordeaux to Nice
- 6 One free day in Barcelona
- 7 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 8 Athens Help
- 9 November in Rome
- 10 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 11 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 12 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 Christmas markets
- 18 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 19 PARIS
- 20 Germany or Sweden
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 23 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 24 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 25 Germany vs Sweden nightlife