With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you so much.
My husband and I plan to slow travel by car from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 4 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 5 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 10 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Germany train help!
- 15 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Acropolis Athens
- 18 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 21 Swiss Travel Pass
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay