With great interest I have already read some valuable trip reports on Le Marche. Thanks you so much.
My husband and I plan to slow travel by car from Northern Europe to Italy's Southern Marche. Our destination will be Macerata, where we have rented a house, intending to spend the first week of October. Realizing that the beach season will be over by that time we have deliberately rented more inland.
We plan to take day trips from Macerata, leaving plenty of time to explore the local cuisine and do some occasional home cooking. I love to roam markets and, using my rusty Italian, interact with the local population.
It is our intention to take 6 days for both the way South and back North, traveling down via Austria.
All suggestions are welcome and by that I mean suggestions for 'towns not to miss' en route accommodation, restaurants etc. Also recommendations and suggestions for the Southern Marche.
Mille grazie a tutti!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 2 Italian lakes
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 Santorini lodging
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 What do after Bernia Express?
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 9 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 9 days in London
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 23 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 24 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 25 Lyon