Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich and Dachau
- 2 London visit
- 3 Duoro river cruises
- 4 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 5 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 6 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 9 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 10 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 11 Small group for Colosseum
- 12 SIM card for eastern europe
- 13 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 14 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 15 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Three days in Spain
- 21 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 22 car rental advice in Portugal
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?