Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 3 TIM in FCO - update
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 6 Cartagena Spain
- 7 London in Winter Report
- 8 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 9 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 3 nights in Madrid
- 12 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 13 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 16 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 17 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 Threat Level in UK
- 20 Itinery help Crete
- 21 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 22 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 25 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats