Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Biarritz family holiday
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 6 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 7 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 15 Ireland in April
- 16 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 17 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 18 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 19 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 20 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 21 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 getting to CDG
- 24 Towersey, London
- 25 Another northern Italy itinerary.
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats