Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 4 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 5 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 6 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 7 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 8 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 9 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 10 cell phone companys
- 11 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
- 12 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 13 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 14 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 15 Spain Itinerary Help
- 16 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Barcelona completely overrated
- 19 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 20 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 21 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 22 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 23 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 24 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 25 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats