Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 2 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 3 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 4 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 5 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 6 Travel vs. Babies
- 7 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 8 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 9 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 10 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 11 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 12 Verona and Lake Garda
- 13 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 14 European Cooking Secrets
- 15 Italy - rental car damages query
- 16 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 19 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 20 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 21 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 22 CDG much improved
- 23 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 24 London's Must Sights!
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats