Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping in Paris
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 4 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 5 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 6 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 7 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 Rome and Venice in December
- 10 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 11 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 12 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 13 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 14 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 15 Brussels Airport
- 16 spanish winery region(s)
- 17 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 18 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 19 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 20 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 21 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 22 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 23 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 24 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 25 2 London theatre recommendations
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats