Arrive in Paris round midday on Eurostar, 18 Sept. Leave on early train 24 Sept. for Switzerland.
Travelling on my own with my two sons (12 and 14); we're from Australia, so big, exciting trip for us!
We're staying in an apartment in Le Marais.
I'd like some ideas for food shopping that will be colourful, lively, different (for us) and not super exclusive/expensive. We will probably eat at the apartment most, but not all, nights.
So when we do eat out, I'm looking again for something atmospheric and at the lower end of expense range. Not really interested in 'fast food', unless of course it's a fast crepe on the go. Is it possible to sample some escargots or are these also a specialty (read expensive) for Parisians?
And just on the topic of markets, which markets (i.e. second-hand, antique, etc.) would you recommend for a browse that would please all of us?
Grateful for any suggestions.
Le Marais, six nights: tips for food mkts, budget eats, occasional treats
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 6 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 7 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 8 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 9 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 12 UK for 12 days !
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 15 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 London hotel
- 18 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 19 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 20 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 21 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 22 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 23 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 Hotel in Venice