I have a 10 hr layover in Madrid and plan to head into the city for a quick bite and visit, but need a bit of assistance:
Some backround info:
Flying into Madrid on Iberia 6118 from Miami - arriving at 12:55pm
Departing on Iberia 3320 - Madrid to Tel Aviv - departs at 11:00pm
1. Is there somewhere in the airport that I can store my carry on for the day? I do not want to run around Madrid with a giant tote bag. Part 2 of this - is the storage area easy access for both inbound & outbound flights ( I'm assuming since both flights are Iberia, that I will be in same terminal?? )
2. Appx how long should it take for me to deplane, get through border control and taxi to city center?
3. What time should I leave the city center to get back to the airport for an 11pm departure?
4. As I'm there on a Monday, is it too ambitious to think I can actually get into the Reina ? - dying to see Guernica ( museum open 10am - 9pm )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 2 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 3 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 4 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 5 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 8 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 9 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 10 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Rome and Amalfi Coast Trip Report
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Rome or Venice first
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 21 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 24 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 25 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston