I have a 10 hr layover in Madrid and plan to head into the city for a quick bite and visit, but need a bit of assistance:
Some backround info:
Flying into Madrid on Iberia 6118 from Miami - arriving at 12:55pm
Departing on Iberia 3320 - Madrid to Tel Aviv - departs at 11:00pm
1. Is there somewhere in the airport that I can store my carry on for the day? I do not want to run around Madrid with a giant tote bag. Part 2 of this - is the storage area easy access for both inbound & outbound flights ( I'm assuming since both flights are Iberia, that I will be in same terminal?? )
2. Appx how long should it take for me to deplane, get through border control and taxi to city center?
3. What time should I leave the city center to get back to the airport for an 11pm departure?
4. As I'm there on a Monday, is it too ambitious to think I can actually get into the Reina ? - dying to see Guernica ( museum open 10am - 9pm )
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 2 Tattoos in Italy
- 3 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 4 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 5 Another Question re Scotland
- 6 Place to stay
- 7 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria