I've got one of those 6-hour layovers and Munich, and must get in to the Marienplatz to see the glockenspiel and sit outside for a kaserspaetzle and and halb-drocken. (sp???) My first trip back in 23 years! I've been reviewing other threads, and just want to confirm that this plan should work:
From the airport, take the S-bahn directly into the Marienplatz station. ( The S-8 Eastbound should work. )
Should only take about a half hour, right? Alternatively, I could take the airport bus, right? Any idea how much a cab would cost these days?
Thanks for the help, folks!
Layover in Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 3 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 4 Useful website for France
- 5 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 6 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 7 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Munich and Dachau
- 10 London visit
- 11 Duoro river cruises
- 12 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 13 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 14 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 17 SIM card for eastern europe
- 18 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 19 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 20 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 23 21 Days in Central Europe
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?