I've got one of those 6-hour layovers and Munich, and must get in to the Marienplatz to see the glockenspiel and sit outside for a kaserspaetzle and and halb-drocken. (sp???) My first trip back in 23 years! I've been reviewing other threads, and just want to confirm that this plan should work:
From the airport, take the S-bahn directly into the Marienplatz station. ( The S-8 Eastbound should work. )
Should only take about a half hour, right? Alternatively, I could take the airport bus, right? Any idea how much a cab would cost these days?
Thanks for the help, folks!
Layover in Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 3 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 4 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 5 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 6 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 9 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 10 La Sagrada Familia
- 11 Need help with itinerary
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 13 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 14 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 15 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 16 Do I need train tix in advance
- 17 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 18 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 19 Schengen rule made easy
- 20 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 21 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 22 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 23 Aaah...Umbria!
- 24 Sorrento Advice Please
- 25 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?