I've got one of those 6-hour layovers and Munich, and must get in to the Marienplatz to see the glockenspiel and sit outside for a kaserspaetzle and and halb-drocken. (sp???) My first trip back in 23 years! I've been reviewing other threads, and just want to confirm that this plan should work:
From the airport, take the S-bahn directly into the Marienplatz station. ( The S-8 Eastbound should work. )
Should only take about a half hour, right? Alternatively, I could take the airport bus, right? Any idea how much a cab would cost these days?
Thanks for the help, folks!
Layover in Munich
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 2 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 3 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 4 Story of the German Christmas star
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 Three ferries to Mull
- 9 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 10 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 11 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 driving in france with kids
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 17 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 20 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 21 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 22 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 23 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 24 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 25 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?