On August 14 I'll be returning from Poland with a layover in Amsterdam. My flight out of Amsterdam is at 2:55pm. In the past I have twice visited the Amsterdam during layovers such as this and am planning on doing this again. My question is, should I fly from Krakow to Amsterdam on the evening of the 13th? It would put me into AMS around 7:00 and give me the evening and then the next morning. Or I could just get an early morning flight get into AMS around 9:30. Is there any great advantage to having an evening in Amsterdam. I will be traveling by myself and am not looking to do any big partying all night long or anything like that (although I am curious to just see the red light district at night rather than in the middle of the afternoon).
Layover in Amsterdam
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 2 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 3 British drivers
- 4 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 5 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 6 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 8 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 9 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 10 A full week in The Netherlands
- 11 Prague Main Train Station
- 12 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 13 Spain Travel
- 14 Venice in Jan
- 15 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 19 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 22 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 23 Public transport from Ostuni
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Itinerary Questions