Starting the prelim planning for our 7th trip to Rome next spring. We visited San Clemente a few trips ago and were fascinated by the three layers (Mithraeum on up to modern church). From what I understand, there are many such churches in Rome, as sacred ground tends to remain holy even when the religion changes. I'm aware of Santa Prisca, S. Giovanni e Paolo, and S. Stefano Rotondo. I believe the excavations may require an appointment for at least one of them. I'd love to add other such layer churches to our list!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 2 Les Invalides Night Show
- 3 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 4 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 10 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 11 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 17 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 18 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 19 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 22 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 23 Shorts in South of France?
- 24 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 25 Europe itinerary help!