Starting the prelim planning for our 7th trip to Rome next spring. We visited San Clemente a few trips ago and were fascinated by the three layers (Mithraeum on up to modern church). From what I understand, there are many such churches in Rome, as sacred ground tends to remain holy even when the religion changes. I'm aware of Santa Prisca, S. Giovanni e Paolo, and S. Stefano Rotondo. I believe the excavations may require an appointment for at least one of them. I'd love to add other such layer churches to our list!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 3 http://quicksupplementfact.com/profollix/
- 4 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 5 Summer School in France
- 6 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 7 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 8 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 9 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 10 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 11 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Cutback on Spain trip
- 16 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 17 where to stay in London?
- 18 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 25 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia