I will be in Cannes end of June. Having been there before and having done most of the fortified villages in and around the coast, I thought I'd go for the lavender fields this year. But I dont have a car & hence will have to rely on public buses/ train.
From my research, this is what I found:
From the Cote d'Azur (Nice-Cannes area), the nearest lavender fields are at the Pays de Valensole. The drive up to Castellane is about 1h30. From Castellane, it's 45 km west across the Gorges de Verdon to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, at the northern end of the Lac de Sainte Croix. This takes about an hour with the summer traffic, but you should allow some time to stop and enjoy the view as well. From Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, the road west climbs up to the Valensole plateau and directly into the lavender fields. The total journey (one-way) would be about 2-1/2 hours, excluding stopping to look around.
Does anyone know if any of this can be done by public transport?
Lavender fields near cannes/ nice
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 3 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 4 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 5 Reichstag tickets
- 6 Paris Ticket t+
- 7 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 8 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 9 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 10 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 11 One week in Norway
- 12 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 13 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 14 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 15 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 16 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 17 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 18 Am I too fat too travel?
- 19 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 20 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 21 Do and don't, eating in France
- 22 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 23 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 24 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 25 Help Needed with European Adventure