I will be in Cannes end of June. Having been there before and having done most of the fortified villages in and around the coast, I thought I'd go for the lavender fields this year. But I dont have a car & hence will have to rely on public buses/ train.
From my research, this is what I found:
From the Cote d'Azur (Nice-Cannes area), the nearest lavender fields are at the Pays de Valensole. The drive up to Castellane is about 1h30. From Castellane, it's 45 km west across the Gorges de Verdon to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, at the northern end of the Lac de Sainte Croix. This takes about an hour with the summer traffic, but you should allow some time to stop and enjoy the view as well. From Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, the road west climbs up to the Valensole plateau and directly into the lavender fields. The total journey (one-way) would be about 2-1/2 hours, excluding stopping to look around.
Does anyone know if any of this can be done by public transport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 2 What clothes?
- 3 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 4 Douro Valley 3 nights
- 5 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 8 Tips question
- 9 From Galway: go north or south???
- 10 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 11 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 12 tipping
- 13 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 14 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 15 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 16 4 Country Itinerary
- 17 Looking for Private Driver in Bologna
- 18 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 19 Rome at Christmas
- 20 Advice about Naples?
- 21 London Paris
- 22 Santorini and Positano.
- 23 Romania: Visa and Schengen
- 24 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 25 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.