I will be in Cannes end of June. Having been there before and having done most of the fortified villages in and around the coast, I thought I'd go for the lavender fields this year. But I dont have a car & hence will have to rely on public buses/ train.
From my research, this is what I found:
From the Cote d'Azur (Nice-Cannes area), the nearest lavender fields are at the Pays de Valensole. The drive up to Castellane is about 1h30. From Castellane, it's 45 km west across the Gorges de Verdon to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, at the northern end of the Lac de Sainte Croix. This takes about an hour with the summer traffic, but you should allow some time to stop and enjoy the view as well. From Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, the road west climbs up to the Valensole plateau and directly into the lavender fields. The total journey (one-way) would be about 2-1/2 hours, excluding stopping to look around.
Does anyone know if any of this can be done by public transport?
Lavender fields near cannes/ nice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 Raining in rome
- 3 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 6 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 7 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 8 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 9 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 10 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 11 İstanbul Travel guide
- 12 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 13 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 14 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 15 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 16 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 17 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 18 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 19 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 20 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 21 Italian Lakes
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 24 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 25 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience