I will be in Cannes end of June. Having been there before and having done most of the fortified villages in and around the coast, I thought I'd go for the lavender fields this year. But I dont have a car & hence will have to rely on public buses/ train.
From my research, this is what I found:
From the Cote d'Azur (Nice-Cannes area), the nearest lavender fields are at the Pays de Valensole. The drive up to Castellane is about 1h30. From Castellane, it's 45 km west across the Gorges de Verdon to Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, at the northern end of the Lac de Sainte Croix. This takes about an hour with the summer traffic, but you should allow some time to stop and enjoy the view as well. From Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, the road west climbs up to the Valensole plateau and directly into the lavender fields. The total journey (one-way) would be about 2-1/2 hours, excluding stopping to look around.
Does anyone know if any of this can be done by public transport?
Lavender fields near cannes/ nice
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 Gogartys, Dublin
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Planning a holiday
- 6 Europe with young teens
- 7 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 8 15 days in Europe,
- 9 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 22 Prague - must see
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich