Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Lavaux Vineyards - half day itinerary help?
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 3 Channel Islands
- 4 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 13 Rome Accommodation
- 14 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 15 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 16 Chambermaid tipping
- 17 To Paris and Provence in June
- 18 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 19 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 20 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 21 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 22 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 23 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 24 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 25 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?