Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Lavaux Vineyards - half day itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fabulous Family Fearlesly Meet Lykians (reprint of 2010 trip)
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 4 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 5 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 8 What to wear
- 9 italy
- 10 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 11 Side trip from Geneva
- 12 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 13 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 14 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 15 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 16 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 17 7 Nights in Paris
- 18 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 19 21 Days in Central Europe
- 20 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 21 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale