Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 2 6 weeks: Great Britain, France, Italy, The Netherlands
- 3 Irish Countryside in 1 day
- 4 Naples to Pompeii
- 5 Cell phones in France and England
- 6 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 7 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 8 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 9 Parking in Italy
- 10 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 11 sim card
- 12 Plan Italy trip
- 13 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 14 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 15 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 16 apartments florence
- 17 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 18 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 19 Florence, Italy
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 22 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 23 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 24 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 25 FCO connection time