Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 2 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 3 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 4 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 5 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 6 Amalfi coast
- 7 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 8 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 9 Rail pass question
- 10 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 12 days europe
- 13 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 If you had four months...
- 16 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 17 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 18 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 19 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 20 Convents in Venice
- 21 cell phone companys
- 22 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 23 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 24 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 25 3 days to spend in europe