Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 Athens Help
- 3 Bordeaux to Nice
- 4 Rome to Venice
- 5 Whathello Paris
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 8 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 9 One free day in Barcelona
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 14 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 15 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 16 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 17 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Travel in Europe
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 24 Crete Holiday
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh