Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Lavaux Vineyards - half day itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 2 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 5 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 6 Gite and/or agritourism
- 7 20 days in Germany
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 10 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 11 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 12 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 13 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 14 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 15 England and Scotland
- 16 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 Athens/Istanbul March
- 19 French open
- 20 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 21 Azores
- 22 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German