Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Lavaux Vineyards - half day itinerary help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 2 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 3 US Debit Cards and European ATMs
- 4 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 5 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 6 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 7 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 8 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 9 Trip to Italy
- 10 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 11 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 12 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 13 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 14 Day trips in 3 countries bordering Germany
- 15 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 16 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 17 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 18 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Scotland day tour
- 21 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 22 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 23 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 24 England sites not to miss
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...