Would anyone be able to assist me in a half day Lavaux Vineyard itinerary? I am thinking we have lunch in L'Ermitage in Montreux, and go from there (so start at around 2pm). Is the best way to get a bus/train into the heart of the vineyard region and walk around and then bus/train back to Montreux? We are happy to walk up to 10/15km but I understand the vineyards are around 10km from Montreux so best to get public transport to them.
I, to be honest, do not really know where the region is (ie where the vineyards and cellars are) nor do I know how the cellar doors work (are the open for tastings, if so are they free or do you pay?). Any advice or websites you can point me to would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me make this possible!
- 2 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 3 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 4 London Hotel - Different Request
- 5 IWM
- 6 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 7 3 nights in Madrid
- 8 alcazar question and seville advice
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 11 London in Winter Report
- 12 Iceland trip report!
- 13 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 14 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 17 Anniversary trip to France
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 22 Paris and Normandy
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets