Planning 10 days for early September-- arrv Zurich, head directly to Lucerne for 3 nts, then to Interlaken 2, Zermatt 2, Montreaux 2 before last night in Geneva for one nt. It is apparent that outings from Interlaken into Lauterbrunnen up to Murren, Wengen and Gimmelwald will take much more time than a day and one-half would allow. Like to get to two of these three. To add extra night in Interlaken, we could either (1) drop the Geneva stayover and head to airport directly from Montreaux for 9:30a.m. flight , or (2) drop the third nt in Lucerne. If weather is bad we could visit Bern from either Lucerne or Interlaken it seems. Thanks for your advice. We will have a swisspass for trains but will need to check times from Montreaux of course and prefer not to add an add'l hotel location in Lauterbrunnen.
Lauterbrunnen Valley from Interlaken Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 2 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 3 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 4 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 9 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 10 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 11 10 days in England
- 12 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 13 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 14 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 Drawing courses in Paris
- 17 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 Montreux or Vevey- where to stay
- 20 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 21 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 22 Cannes >> Corsica
- 23 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 24 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 25 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa