Planning 10 days for early September-- arrv Zurich, head directly to Lucerne for 3 nts, then to Interlaken 2, Zermatt 2, Montreaux 2 before last night in Geneva for one nt. It is apparent that outings from Interlaken into Lauterbrunnen up to Murren, Wengen and Gimmelwald will take much more time than a day and one-half would allow. Like to get to two of these three. To add extra night in Interlaken, we could either (1) drop the Geneva stayover and head to airport directly from Montreaux for 9:30a.m. flight , or (2) drop the third nt in Lucerne. If weather is bad we could visit Bern from either Lucerne or Interlaken it seems. Thanks for your advice. We will have a swisspass for trains but will need to check times from Montreaux of course and prefer not to add an add'l hotel location in Lauterbrunnen.
Lauterbrunnen Valley from Interlaken Question
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 TGV and Provence questions
- 3 Novels set in Greece
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Greek islands from Turkey
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 More help with housing in Puglia
- 13 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 14 Euro Train
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 Rome Accommodation
- 19 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 20 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 21 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip