Planning 10 days for early September-- arrv Zurich, head directly to Lucerne for 3 nts, then to Interlaken 2, Zermatt 2, Montreaux 2 before last night in Geneva for one nt. It is apparent that outings from Interlaken into Lauterbrunnen up to Murren, Wengen and Gimmelwald will take much more time than a day and one-half would allow. Like to get to two of these three. To add extra night in Interlaken, we could either (1) drop the Geneva stayover and head to airport directly from Montreaux for 9:30a.m. flight , or (2) drop the third nt in Lucerne. If weather is bad we could visit Bern from either Lucerne or Interlaken it seems. Thanks for your advice. We will have a swisspass for trains but will need to check times from Montreaux of course and prefer not to add an add'l hotel location in Lauterbrunnen.
Lauterbrunnen Valley from Interlaken Question
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 2 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 3 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 4 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 5 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 6 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 7 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 8 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 11 European Trivial Trivia!
- 12 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 13 Eleanor's Pages
- 14 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 15 English ruined castles
- 16 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 17 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 18 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 20 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 21 Luggage sizing
- 22 Scuol, Switzerland
- 23 Moving to Belfast
- 24 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 25 Hotels and locations in Barcelona