We'll be in Turkey for 14 days, 13 1/2 days in late October--early November. We will arrive in Istanbul mid-afternoon of the 23rd and depart early a.m. of 11/6. We're splitting our time in Istanbul between the beginning and end of our trip with four nights at each end, but really only three and a half days at each end as I understand the time required getting to and from Ataturk is considerable. Right now we are booked for three nights in Cappadocia, 10/27--10/30 and then three nights, 10/30--11/2 in Alacate. But Otherchelebi just posted a response to a December itinerary query that he thought two nights in Cappadocia at that time of year was enough. We would love to have more time in Istanbul and have thought of canceling Alacate altogether, but perhaps two nights in Cappadocia would resolve things. We've not made our internal flight reservations yet.
late October Cappadocia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 5 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 6 American Express
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 13 Three ferries to Mull
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 16 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 17 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 18 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 19 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 25 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?