We'll be in Turkey for 14 days, 13 1/2 days in late October--early November. We will arrive in Istanbul mid-afternoon of the 23rd and depart early a.m. of 11/6. We're splitting our time in Istanbul between the beginning and end of our trip with four nights at each end, but really only three and a half days at each end as I understand the time required getting to and from Ataturk is considerable. Right now we are booked for three nights in Cappadocia, 10/27--10/30 and then three nights, 10/30--11/2 in Alacate. But Otherchelebi just posted a response to a December itinerary query that he thought two nights in Cappadocia at that time of year was enough. We would love to have more time in Istanbul and have thought of canceling Alacate altogether, but perhaps two nights in Cappadocia would resolve things. We've not made our internal flight reservations yet.
late October Cappadocia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 18 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 19 London hotel
- 20 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 21 A drive in Europe
- 22 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 23 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 24 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan