We'll be in Turkey for 14 days, 13 1/2 days in late October--early November. We will arrive in Istanbul mid-afternoon of the 23rd and depart early a.m. of 11/6. We're splitting our time in Istanbul between the beginning and end of our trip with four nights at each end, but really only three and a half days at each end as I understand the time required getting to and from Ataturk is considerable. Right now we are booked for three nights in Cappadocia, 10/27--10/30 and then three nights, 10/30--11/2 in Alacate. But Otherchelebi just posted a response to a December itinerary query that he thought two nights in Cappadocia at that time of year was enough. We would love to have more time in Istanbul and have thought of canceling Alacate altogether, but perhaps two nights in Cappadocia would resolve things. We've not made our internal flight reservations yet.
late October Cappadocia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 2 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 3 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 4 SIM card for eastern europe
- 5 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 6 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 7 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 8 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 9 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 10 London visit
- 11 Monet in Normandy
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 14 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 15 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 16 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 17 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 18 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 19 No points in Paris .....
- 20 Small group for Colosseum
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 Getting from London to Southhampton