I was a 19 year old student student studying at the Sorbonne, writing letters to my new boyfriend. I have the unique, last minute opportunity to visit Paris this Feb with that boyfriend, who is now my husband of 25 years! We will be accompanied by our youngest son who is 14. I feel like a first timer as it has been so long and I will have such a different perspective. I have been reading passionfruitdrink's thread for the past hour and have been totally charmed and inspired by all your thoughtful advice. I am hoping you can help me too. Our time is limited, 4 days not including travel days, during his winter break in Feb. Was looking at apts but think a hotel or even a B&B that could accommodate 3 people might be better. Would love a hotel in a charming area with cafes small shops etc. Our budget is about $200/night, but could be flexible for a really fab place. We don't really feel the need to hit everything. One or two museums one or two Cathedrals etc. We are happy to walk and soak everything in especially the first day. Was thinking about the Blue Bike tour the second day. It seems like a fun tour option especially for our teen. We are happy with picnics and simple cafes, but look forward to sampling lots that Paris is famous for. Am looking forward to any advice anyone could give us.
Last time I was in Paris...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 5 one last portugal car rental question
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 hotels in Seville
- 10 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 11 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 12 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 nearby cities to london
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 25 Porto -City Break