I was a 19 year old student student studying at the Sorbonne, writing letters to my new boyfriend. I have the unique, last minute opportunity to visit Paris this Feb with that boyfriend, who is now my husband of 25 years! We will be accompanied by our youngest son who is 14. I feel like a first timer as it has been so long and I will have such a different perspective. I have been reading passionfruitdrink's thread for the past hour and have been totally charmed and inspired by all your thoughtful advice. I am hoping you can help me too. Our time is limited, 4 days not including travel days, during his winter break in Feb. Was looking at apts but think a hotel or even a B&B that could accommodate 3 people might be better. Would love a hotel in a charming area with cafes small shops etc. Our budget is about $200/night, but could be flexible for a really fab place. We don't really feel the need to hit everything. One or two museums one or two Cathedrals etc. We are happy to walk and soak everything in especially the first day. Was thinking about the Blue Bike tour the second day. It seems like a fun tour option especially for our teen. We are happy with picnics and simple cafes, but look forward to sampling lots that Paris is famous for. Am looking forward to any advice anyone could give us.
Last time I was in Paris...
View all Europe activity »
- 1 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 6 Advises for trip to Russia
- 7 Family European winter holiday
- 8 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 9 lockers in London's Victoria Station
- 10 6 hours in London; lockers at Heathrow
- 11 Luggage lockers at London train station?
- 12 London - Luggage Couriers from Heathrow?
- 13 Travel by train or bus
- 14 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 21 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 22 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 23 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 24 Planning a holiday
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!