I was a 19 year old student student studying at the Sorbonne, writing letters to my new boyfriend. I have the unique, last minute opportunity to visit Paris this Feb with that boyfriend, who is now my husband of 25 years! We will be accompanied by our youngest son who is 14. I feel like a first timer as it has been so long and I will have such a different perspective. I have been reading passionfruitdrink's thread for the past hour and have been totally charmed and inspired by all your thoughtful advice. I am hoping you can help me too. Our time is limited, 4 days not including travel days, during his winter break in Feb. Was looking at apts but think a hotel or even a B&B that could accommodate 3 people might be better. Would love a hotel in a charming area with cafes small shops etc. Our budget is about $200/night, but could be flexible for a really fab place. We don't really feel the need to hit everything. One or two museums one or two Cathedrals etc. We are happy to walk and soak everything in especially the first day. Was thinking about the Blue Bike tour the second day. It seems like a fun tour option especially for our teen. We are happy with picnics and simple cafes, but look forward to sampling lots that Paris is famous for. Am looking forward to any advice anyone could give us.
Last time I was in Paris...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Athens/Istanbul March
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 11 Dublin to Armagh?
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 14 Gite and/or agritourism
- 15 Apartment for family trip to London
- 16 Prebook B&Bs
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 19 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 20 days in Germany
- 22 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 25 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger