I was a 19 year old student student studying at the Sorbonne, writing letters to my new boyfriend. I have the unique, last minute opportunity to visit Paris this Feb with that boyfriend, who is now my husband of 25 years! We will be accompanied by our youngest son who is 14. I feel like a first timer as it has been so long and I will have such a different perspective. I have been reading passionfruitdrink's thread for the past hour and have been totally charmed and inspired by all your thoughtful advice. I am hoping you can help me too. Our time is limited, 4 days not including travel days, during his winter break in Feb. Was looking at apts but think a hotel or even a B&B that could accommodate 3 people might be better. Would love a hotel in a charming area with cafes small shops etc. Our budget is about $200/night, but could be flexible for a really fab place. We don't really feel the need to hit everything. One or two museums one or two Cathedrals etc. We are happy to walk and soak everything in especially the first day. Was thinking about the Blue Bike tour the second day. It seems like a fun tour option especially for our teen. We are happy with picnics and simple cafes, but look forward to sampling lots that Paris is famous for. Am looking forward to any advice anyone could give us.
Last time I was in Paris...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 VISA question
- 3 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 4 French Basque region
- 5 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 6 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 7 Which european city?
- 8 Italy Countryside
- 9 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 10 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 11 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 12 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 13 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 14 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 15 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 18 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 19 biking tours in Italy?
- 20 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 22 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 23 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 24 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe