I'm shifting jobs within the same company and by God's grace, managed to get a break before joining the new division, specifically for fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe. If all goes well, I'd apply for the Schengen visa by tomorrow and fly out on the 12th July to Frankfurt. I have to report for my new job on 18th Aug and I'm flying back from Rome on 16th Aug. This gives me 34N excluding flights to/fro home country. I know this is all too sudden but I live by CARPE DIEM
I have been daydreaming for years of spending few months in Italy (living like the locals, joining food and language courses, living on farms, etc) but that would have to wait as this is my last 'big trip' for the next 2 years (job issues) and possibly last solo trip for the foreseeable future. I love traveling and recently came back from a 2 week Bali trip.
I have spent few weeks in Spain & visited Paris for 4N couple of years back for which I got great help from veteran travellers on Fodors.
Considering all of the above, I want to travel to the highlights of Western & Central Europe over 5 weeks. Broadly I'm thinking:
Amsterdam - 4N
Berlin - 4N
Prague - 4N
Vienna - 4N
[Salzburg - 2N & Innsbruck - 2N?? Not sure]
Venice - 2N
Florence - 6N (including a day trip in a Tuscan town)
Rome - 6N (including a day trip Orvieto or some other town)
If I include Salzburg & Innsbruck, I still have 4N with me. Looking at flow of travel, any suggestions on how best to utilise 4N? Maybe a recommendation in Germany / Switzerland / Belgium, which is accessible from Frankfurt where I'm landing first, or near any of the places in my itinerary?
I know it's a lot of moving around but I'm young and this is my dream come true kinda trip!
Your kind, freewheeling and honest feedback / ideas are welcome! I'm gonna trouble you more by posting more specific questions as and how I flesh out my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 2 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 3 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 4 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 5 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 6 SIXT car rental uk
- 7 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 8 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 9 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 11 Montpillier Car Rental Return Help
- 12 Where to stay in Delft and Antwerp
- 13 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 14 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 15 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 16 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 17 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles
- 18 Bulle/Charmey (Gruyere region)
- 19 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 20 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 21 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 22 ICELAND DAY 1
- 23 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 24 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 25 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS