I'm shifting jobs within the same company and by God's grace, managed to get a break before joining the new division, specifically for fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe. If all goes well, I'd apply for the Schengen visa by tomorrow and fly out on the 12th July to Frankfurt. I have to report for my new job on 18th Aug and I'm flying back from Rome on 16th Aug. This gives me 34N excluding flights to/fro home country. I know this is all too sudden but I live by CARPE DIEM
I have been daydreaming for years of spending few months in Italy (living like the locals, joining food and language courses, living on farms, etc) but that would have to wait as this is my last 'big trip' for the next 2 years (job issues) and possibly last solo trip for the foreseeable future. I love traveling and recently came back from a 2 week Bali trip.
I have spent few weeks in Spain & visited Paris for 4N couple of years back for which I got great help from veteran travellers on Fodors.
Considering all of the above, I want to travel to the highlights of Western & Central Europe over 5 weeks. Broadly I'm thinking:
Amsterdam - 4N
Berlin - 4N
Prague - 4N
Vienna - 4N
[Salzburg - 2N & Innsbruck - 2N?? Not sure]
Venice - 2N
Florence - 6N (including a day trip in a Tuscan town)
Rome - 6N (including a day trip Orvieto or some other town)
If I include Salzburg & Innsbruck, I still have 4N with me. Looking at flow of travel, any suggestions on how best to utilise 4N? Maybe a recommendation in Germany / Switzerland / Belgium, which is accessible from Frankfurt where I'm landing first, or near any of the places in my itinerary?
I know it's a lot of moving around but I'm young and this is my dream come true kinda trip!
Your kind, freewheeling and honest feedback / ideas are welcome! I'm gonna trouble you more by posting more specific questions as and how I flesh out my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 파워볼 중계 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Christmas in Spain
- 4 Germany-Car or Train
- 5 Brussels flower tapestry
- 6 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Lake Como,Italy
- 9 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 15 Visiting Zurich
- 16 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 17 Places to visit from Zurich
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS