I'm shifting jobs within the same company and by God's grace, managed to get a break before joining the new division, specifically for fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe. If all goes well, I'd apply for the Schengen visa by tomorrow and fly out on the 12th July to Frankfurt. I have to report for my new job on 18th Aug and I'm flying back from Rome on 16th Aug. This gives me 34N excluding flights to/fro home country. I know this is all too sudden but I live by CARPE DIEM
I have been daydreaming for years of spending few months in Italy (living like the locals, joining food and language courses, living on farms, etc) but that would have to wait as this is my last 'big trip' for the next 2 years (job issues) and possibly last solo trip for the foreseeable future. I love traveling and recently came back from a 2 week Bali trip.
I have spent few weeks in Spain & visited Paris for 4N couple of years back for which I got great help from veteran travellers on Fodors.
Considering all of the above, I want to travel to the highlights of Western & Central Europe over 5 weeks. Broadly I'm thinking:
Amsterdam - 4N
Berlin - 4N
Prague - 4N
Vienna - 4N
[Salzburg - 2N & Innsbruck - 2N?? Not sure]
Venice - 2N
Florence - 6N (including a day trip in a Tuscan town)
Rome - 6N (including a day trip Orvieto or some other town)
If I include Salzburg & Innsbruck, I still have 4N with me. Looking at flow of travel, any suggestions on how best to utilise 4N? Maybe a recommendation in Germany / Switzerland / Belgium, which is accessible from Frankfurt where I'm landing first, or near any of the places in my itinerary?
I know it's a lot of moving around but I'm young and this is my dream come true kinda trip!
Your kind, freewheeling and honest feedback / ideas are welcome! I'm gonna trouble you more by posting more specific questions as and how I flesh out my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 4 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 First Time Solo Travel info
- 7 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 8 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 11 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 12 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 13 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 14 Europe in late January
- 15 Northern lights in December
- 16 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 17 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 18 English Countryside
- 19 Puglia or La Langhe
- 20 First time in France
- 21 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 22 Munich
- 23 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 24 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 25 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS