I'm shifting jobs within the same company and by God's grace, managed to get a break before joining the new division, specifically for fulfilling my dream of traveling to Europe. If all goes well, I'd apply for the Schengen visa by tomorrow and fly out on the 12th July to Frankfurt. I have to report for my new job on 18th Aug and I'm flying back from Rome on 16th Aug. This gives me 34N excluding flights to/fro home country. I know this is all too sudden but I live by CARPE DIEM
I have been daydreaming for years of spending few months in Italy (living like the locals, joining food and language courses, living on farms, etc) but that would have to wait as this is my last 'big trip' for the next 2 years (job issues) and possibly last solo trip for the foreseeable future. I love traveling and recently came back from a 2 week Bali trip.
I have spent few weeks in Spain & visited Paris for 4N couple of years back for which I got great help from veteran travellers on Fodors.
Considering all of the above, I want to travel to the highlights of Western & Central Europe over 5 weeks. Broadly I'm thinking:
Amsterdam - 4N
Berlin - 4N
Prague - 4N
Vienna - 4N
[Salzburg - 2N & Innsbruck - 2N?? Not sure]
Venice - 2N
Florence - 6N (including a day trip in a Tuscan town)
Rome - 6N (including a day trip Orvieto or some other town)
If I include Salzburg & Innsbruck, I still have 4N with me. Looking at flow of travel, any suggestions on how best to utilise 4N? Maybe a recommendation in Germany / Switzerland / Belgium, which is accessible from Frankfurt where I'm landing first, or near any of the places in my itinerary?
I know it's a lot of moving around but I'm young and this is my dream come true kinda trip!
Your kind, freewheeling and honest feedback / ideas are welcome! I'm gonna trouble you more by posting more specific questions as and how I flesh out my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 헬로바카라【过『 GTY23。ZE。AM 』过】슈퍼카지노
- 2 강원랜드바카라【过『 GTY23。ZE。AM 』过】슈퍼카지노
- 3 다모아바카라【过『 GTY23。ZE。AM 』过】슈퍼카지노
- 4 코리아바카라【过『 GTY23。ZE。AM 』过】슈퍼카지노
- 5 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 6 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 7 So much to do, so little time!
- 8 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Driving in Italy?
- 11 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 18 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 19 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 20 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 21 Shoes in Scotland
- 22 Engadine Valley help
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Naples, Italy
- 25 Ireland in April
Last minute opportunity for a 5 week Europe trip: HELP PLS