I'm going around desperate for advice on my first family trip to Europe.
I will be flying into Zurich on the 19th Dec and out of Basel on the 28th Dec.
I'm having a dilemma choosing parts between Germany and Austria. It would be great if anyone could share their personal experience or tips for travelling during this period; i.e. making the most out of short daylight, best use of public transport for routes (e.g. bayern card, etc..)
I basically have 8 days with 2 days dedicated to travelling to & from airports in Switzerland.
19th Take the afternoon train from Zurich airport to Munich or should I stay one night in Innsbruck?
20th-24th Salzkammergut region - hoping for winter wonder
Originally I found the salzkammergut region very worthy of spending at least 4 nights in,
are among the places advertised for blue skies, snows and winter trails.
But it seems there are quite a number of people saying that this cannot be expected in December when it will mostly be grey and gloomy unlike later in winter. Is this true? I really want to experience at least one day of the "advertised winter wonderland" where is it more likely?
Bases recommended for these travels that i've heard are Bad Ischl, St wolfgang & Salzburg. Bad Ischl looks convenient due to its public transport links but I'd prefer spending Christmas Eve elsewhere ( maybe hallstat or salzburg), can i expect to get back to my base by public transport? Or would there be a better base for what im looking for.
Train to munich
Explore places like the Neuschwanstein Castle (Again)
Some people have recommended Garmisch as an alternative to the Salzkammergut region for better weather.
Basically im listing out common places where ppl visit in these areas, but there is just too many choices and I really dont know the sequence i should go with!
Would anyone recommend a good route for my situation?
Like to experience winter scenic villages , winter walks (not too long as i have children with me), bavarian villages, castles, some christmas markets. Not too into museums or places such as the Eagle's nest.
Entry point: zurich Airport
Exit: Basel Euroairport
Any help however small would be so appreciated, even a simple route suggestion!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 2 우리카지노✐→】『 jion.ze.am 』【 ←✐슈퍼카지노
- 3 카지노게임사이트✡→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←✡슈퍼카지노
- 4 인터넷카지노去→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←去슈퍼카지노
- 5 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 마카오카지노♪→】『 jion.ze.am 』【 ←♪슈퍼카지노
- 8 생중계카지노♪→】『 jion.ze.am 』【 ←♪슈퍼카지노
- 9 Spain and South of France
- 10 생방송카지노♬→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←♬슈퍼카지노
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 와와카지노♌→】『 jion.ze.am 』【 ←♌슈퍼카지노
- 13 온라인카지노☤→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←☤슈퍼카지노
- 14 Santorini lodging
- 15 실시간카지노♆→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←♆슈퍼카지노
- 16 아시아카지노☭→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←☭슈퍼카지노
- 17 슈퍼카지노☂→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←☂슈퍼카지노
- 18 아시안카지노☠→(『 JION.ZE.AM 』 )←☠슈퍼카지노
- 19 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 20 Germany family road trip help!
- 21 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 22 Overnight at Heathrow
- 23 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 24 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 25 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
Last Minute Itinerary Help ! December 2014 10 days Switz-Austria-Germany