We're flying to Milan in early October and have a total of 5 nights in Italy. I figure we will spend the first and last nights in Milan, so that leaves us with 3 nights to schedule. The plan is to rent a car in Milan on our way out of the city. We'd like to go to Parma for at least one night. I was there very briefly several years ago and would like to go back.
Questions for you:
The husband wants to go to Cinque Terre (We've never been.) but it sounds like the weather is iffy in October, plus possibly a hassle to get to, plus possibly loaded with tourists. Is going to Parma for one night and CT for 2 a terrible idea? I suppose we'd drive to Santa Margharita or Rapello but haven't worked out any details yet. Any advice is most appreciated!
Where would you go if not CT? We have been to Bologna (which seems like the obvious choice) several times so would prefer to go elsewhere.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 2 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 3 6-7 Days in France
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 5 Days in Switzerland
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 We're here!
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 Korean Messages
- 14 Getting to Bolivia
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 17 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 18 Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 20 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 21 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 22 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 23 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me