We're flying to Milan in early October and have a total of 5 nights in Italy. I figure we will spend the first and last nights in Milan, so that leaves us with 3 nights to schedule. The plan is to rent a car in Milan on our way out of the city. We'd like to go to Parma for at least one night. I was there very briefly several years ago and would like to go back.
Questions for you:
The husband wants to go to Cinque Terre (We've never been.) but it sounds like the weather is iffy in October, plus possibly a hassle to get to, plus possibly loaded with tourists. Is going to Parma for one night and CT for 2 a terrible idea? I suppose we'd drive to Santa Margharita or Rapello but haven't worked out any details yet. Any advice is most appreciated!
Where would you go if not CT? We have been to Bologna (which seems like the obvious choice) several times so would prefer to go elsewhere.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 2 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 3 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 4 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 5 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 6 12-14 nights enough ?
- 7 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 8 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 9 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 10 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 11 Need help with my itinerary
- 12 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 15 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 Killarney
- 18 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 21 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 22 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 23 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Prague and Budapest