My fiance and I are leaving for our honeymoon next week and the itinerary is as follows.
Leave Chicago April 28
April 29 arrive in Venice- stay 2 night,
April 30 Venice
May 1 Train to Ferrara stay 1 night, (visiting and staying with my sister)
May 2 evening train to Florence stay 3 nights
May 3 Florence
May 4 Florence
May 5 bus to Lucca stay 3 nights
May 6 Lucca
May 7 Lucca
May 8 bus to Pisa - 1 night
May 9 fly out of Pisa Home
We will be traveling by public trans. I'm looking for suggestions for day trips during our longer stays in florence and Lucca? I'm sure we can find plenty to do in both places but I would like to do some exploring of the Tuscan country side when based out of lucca.
This is both our first time to Italy and Europe so any tips/ suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 8 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 How the kids age calculated
- 13 Help required with Itinerary
- 14 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 15 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 16 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 21 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Flat in London
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents