My fiance and I are leaving for our honeymoon next week and the itinerary is as follows.
Leave Chicago April 28
April 29 arrive in Venice- stay 2 night,
April 30 Venice
May 1 Train to Ferrara stay 1 night, (visiting and staying with my sister)
May 2 evening train to Florence stay 3 nights
May 3 Florence
May 4 Florence
May 5 bus to Lucca stay 3 nights
May 6 Lucca
May 7 Lucca
May 8 bus to Pisa - 1 night
May 9 fly out of Pisa Home
We will be traveling by public trans. I'm looking for suggestions for day trips during our longer stays in florence and Lucca? I'm sure we can find plenty to do in both places but I would like to do some exploring of the Tuscan country side when based out of lucca.
This is both our first time to Italy and Europe so any tips/ suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 multi city flights to europe
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 London Theater
- 6 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 7 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 8 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 9 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 14 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 15 My final Prague itinerary
- 16 Last minute trip to Capri
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 weekend from cologne germany
- 19 Globus Iberian Tour
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 13 nights in switzerland
- 22 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 23 Earthquake near Naples
- 24 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017