My fiance and I are leaving for our honeymoon next week and the itinerary is as follows.
Leave Chicago April 28
April 29 arrive in Venice- stay 2 night,
April 30 Venice
May 1 Train to Ferrara stay 1 night, (visiting and staying with my sister)
May 2 evening train to Florence stay 3 nights
May 3 Florence
May 4 Florence
May 5 bus to Lucca stay 3 nights
May 6 Lucca
May 7 Lucca
May 8 bus to Pisa - 1 night
May 9 fly out of Pisa Home
We will be traveling by public trans. I'm looking for suggestions for day trips during our longer stays in florence and Lucca? I'm sure we can find plenty to do in both places but I would like to do some exploring of the Tuscan country side when based out of lucca.
This is both our first time to Italy and Europe so any tips/ suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 2 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 3 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 4 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 8 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 9 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 10 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 11 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 16 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 17 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 18 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 21 When to Visit Scotland
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 25 Trains in Alps and UK