My fiance and I are leaving for our honeymoon next week and the itinerary is as follows.
Leave Chicago April 28
April 29 arrive in Venice- stay 2 night,
April 30 Venice
May 1 Train to Ferrara stay 1 night, (visiting and staying with my sister)
May 2 evening train to Florence stay 3 nights
May 3 Florence
May 4 Florence
May 5 bus to Lucca stay 3 nights
May 6 Lucca
May 7 Lucca
May 8 bus to Pisa - 1 night
May 9 fly out of Pisa Home
We will be traveling by public trans. I'm looking for suggestions for day trips during our longer stays in florence and Lucca? I'm sure we can find plenty to do in both places but I would like to do some exploring of the Tuscan country side when based out of lucca.
This is both our first time to Italy and Europe so any tips/ suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.