As usual, the Fodor's forum was hugely helpful in planning my 'April in Paris!' vacation. I'd like to do my part by chipping in this trip report. I'm aiming to post this live, or maybe with one day of delay, but no more.
I traveled via Thalys train from the Netherlands. I had a business trip there, which gave me the opportunity of returning to Paris after 8 years away! I spent a year of college here and absolutely loved Parisian life; I've been dreaming of coming back ever since. I didn't have much time or money, but I decided to seize the opportunity!
I rented an apartment via AirBnB. Here is the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/693367
The apartment is fine but I probably wouldn't book it again. I'd forgotten just how much I dislike the second arrondissement, or at least the parts near Les Halles. It's hectic, commercial, grimy, and cheap. The apartment itself and the building it's in are kind of worn down, with dirty floors and peeling paint. On Saturday night, the street outside was noisy from a nightclub or bar. But then again, it's $100/night for a full apartment in central Paris. And mostly it's clean, quiet aside from Sat night (I think!), well-furnished, and convenient. I have walked almost everywhere.
You won't find much about restaurants in this trip report. I'm a vegetarian and not a foodie, so I'm eating mostly at home and making do with simple fare.
I think that's it for now. I've already got the first day's report, so I'll post it momentarily!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 11 Castle Stays in Wales
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Can parking
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report