As usual, the Fodor's forum was hugely helpful in planning my 'April in Paris!' vacation. I'd like to do my part by chipping in this trip report. I'm aiming to post this live, or maybe with one day of delay, but no more.
I traveled via Thalys train from the Netherlands. I had a business trip there, which gave me the opportunity of returning to Paris after 8 years away! I spent a year of college here and absolutely loved Parisian life; I've been dreaming of coming back ever since. I didn't have much time or money, but I decided to seize the opportunity!
I rented an apartment via AirBnB. Here is the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/693367
The apartment is fine but I probably wouldn't book it again. I'd forgotten just how much I dislike the second arrondissement, or at least the parts near Les Halles. It's hectic, commercial, grimy, and cheap. The apartment itself and the building it's in are kind of worn down, with dirty floors and peeling paint. On Saturday night, the street outside was noisy from a nightclub or bar. But then again, it's $100/night for a full apartment in central Paris. And mostly it's clean, quiet aside from Sat night (I think!), well-furnished, and convenient. I have walked almost everywhere.
You won't find much about restaurants in this trip report. I'm a vegetarian and not a foodie, so I'm eating mostly at home and making do with simple fare.
I think that's it for now. I've already got the first day's report, so I'll post it momentarily!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 2 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 3 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 4 Vuerling airlines
- 5 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 6 Venice Film Fest
- 7 Europe itinerary
- 8 France for a month in 2017
- 9 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 10 All of Spain or something else..?
- 11 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 12 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 13 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 14 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 15 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 16 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 17 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 20 evening of song and dance
- 21 Naples or Genoa
- 22 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 23 SIM card
- 24 Our time in Rome
- 25 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report