I'm trying to decide on a nice city/town to cap off our last day in Germany before we fly out of Frankfurt Airport. We will be at the tail end of a 2 week trip (visiting Berlin/Munich/Black Forest area), so somewhere easy going with a few pleasant sites & a short-ish train commute to FRA would be great. We would probably arrive mid day at this location coming up from Gengenbach. Our departing flight leaves FRA the next morning at 9:45, so we would need somewhere that has frequent trains headed towards FRA where we could easily arrive in time to get through security etc in plenty of time. Ideally, I suppose we are looking for somewhere to show up, have a stroll/wander around, grab a dinner & drink & relax.
Mainz? Wiesbaden? Frankfurt? Somewhere else I am not seeing/aware of?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 Bernina Express mid-March
- 3 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 4 Questions about Polish sights
- 5 Italy
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 14 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 17 where to stay in London?
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 vienna
- 20 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 24 Juangfrau / mt
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia