Has anyone taken a taxi from Alba train station to Barolo before? How much does it cost?
I'm also considering going to Costiglioe d'Asti to substitute Barolo for a daytrip from Turin due to better public transport that the former offers. As I'm not into wine but photography, I was wondering if Costiglioe d'Asti offers the same scenery with snow-capped Mount Monviso in the background as Barolo does? Or, does anyone one of you have a better suggestion on other village that has better public transport connection from Alba or Asti?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 4 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 7 Hotel recommendations: Venice, Florence and Rome
- 8 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 9 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 10 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 11 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 12 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Appenzell in December?
- 17 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 20 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 21 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 22 Traveling in Belgium
- 23 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?