I just got the following email from La Reserve in St. Jean de Luz, where I'd booked a room for September.
Does anyone have further information about the extent of storm damage to the Basque Region?
We would like to inform you that the Basque coast has recently suffered the vagaries of the weather. Heavy rain falls of last weekend combined with natural processes of erosion have caused a landslide on the hotel area.
In fact, this land subsidence occurred near the cliffs, next to the pool. Yesterday, competent authorities have drawn up a security perimeter asking us to prohibit access until further notice.
Given the importance of this event, we regret to inform you that our pool will be closed for this year. We would like to point out that the rest of the area remains accessible.
This force majeure does not affect our capacity to honor our booking contract and offer accommodation and services. Nevertheless, and despite these difficulties, we look forward to welcoming you and count on your fidelity and support."
Thank you for any information you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼사다리 ▣ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 quickest way to Prague
- 3 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 4 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 10 16 days in France and Italy
- 11 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 12 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 13 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 14 Amsterdam
- 15 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 16 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 17 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 18 Train / Calabria
- 19 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 20 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 21 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 22 Paris for children
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 25 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow