I just got the following email from La Reserve in St. Jean de Luz, where I'd booked a room for September.
Does anyone have further information about the extent of storm damage to the Basque Region?
We would like to inform you that the Basque coast has recently suffered the vagaries of the weather. Heavy rain falls of last weekend combined with natural processes of erosion have caused a landslide on the hotel area.
In fact, this land subsidence occurred near the cliffs, next to the pool. Yesterday, competent authorities have drawn up a security perimeter asking us to prohibit access until further notice.
Given the importance of this event, we regret to inform you that our pool will be closed for this year. We would like to point out that the rest of the area remains accessible.
This force majeure does not affect our capacity to honor our booking contract and offer accommodation and services. Nevertheless, and despite these difficulties, we look forward to welcoming you and count on your fidelity and support."
Thank you for any information you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Getting around London
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 12 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Traveling in Belgium
- 15 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 16 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 19 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 22 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 23 Train travel to and from Paris
- 24 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 25 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?