I just got the following email from La Reserve in St. Jean de Luz, where I'd booked a room for September.
Does anyone have further information about the extent of storm damage to the Basque Region?
We would like to inform you that the Basque coast has recently suffered the vagaries of the weather. Heavy rain falls of last weekend combined with natural processes of erosion have caused a landslide on the hotel area.
In fact, this land subsidence occurred near the cliffs, next to the pool. Yesterday, competent authorities have drawn up a security perimeter asking us to prohibit access until further notice.
Given the importance of this event, we regret to inform you that our pool will be closed for this year. We would like to point out that the rest of the area remains accessible.
This force majeure does not affect our capacity to honor our booking contract and offer accommodation and services. Nevertheless, and despite these difficulties, we look forward to welcoming you and count on your fidelity and support."
Thank you for any information you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tattoos in Italy
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Place to stay
- 6 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 12 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 2 weeks from southern italy
- 18 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 19 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Where to stay in Umbria