I just got the following email from La Reserve in St. Jean de Luz, where I'd booked a room for September.
Does anyone have further information about the extent of storm damage to the Basque Region?
We would like to inform you that the Basque coast has recently suffered the vagaries of the weather. Heavy rain falls of last weekend combined with natural processes of erosion have caused a landslide on the hotel area.
In fact, this land subsidence occurred near the cliffs, next to the pool. Yesterday, competent authorities have drawn up a security perimeter asking us to prohibit access until further notice.
Given the importance of this event, we regret to inform you that our pool will be closed for this year. We would like to point out that the rest of the area remains accessible.
This force majeure does not affect our capacity to honor our booking contract and offer accommodation and services. Nevertheless, and despite these difficulties, we look forward to welcoming you and count on your fidelity and support."
Thank you for any information you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 2 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 3 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Towersey, London
- 6 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Biarritz family holiday
- 12 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 13 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 14 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Ireland in April
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 getting to CDG