I just got the following email from La Reserve in St. Jean de Luz, where I'd booked a room for September.
Does anyone have further information about the extent of storm damage to the Basque Region?
We would like to inform you that the Basque coast has recently suffered the vagaries of the weather. Heavy rain falls of last weekend combined with natural processes of erosion have caused a landslide on the hotel area.
In fact, this land subsidence occurred near the cliffs, next to the pool. Yesterday, competent authorities have drawn up a security perimeter asking us to prohibit access until further notice.
Given the importance of this event, we regret to inform you that our pool will be closed for this year. We would like to point out that the rest of the area remains accessible.
This force majeure does not affect our capacity to honor our booking contract and offer accommodation and services. Nevertheless, and despite these difficulties, we look forward to welcoming you and count on your fidelity and support."
Thank you for any information you may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 밤문화사이트☛✄【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✄☚밤문화사이트밤문화사이트
- 2 출장마사지☛✁【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✁☚출장마사지출장마사지
- 3 7포커족보☛♫【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】♫☚7포커족보7포커족보
- 4 강원랜드호텔☛♪【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】♪☚강원랜드호텔강원랜드호텔
- 5 포커사이트☛♂【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】♂☚포커사이트포커사이트
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Perugia
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 10 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 11 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 12 Areas in Milan
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 19 CDG much improved
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 St Denis Cathedral
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 24 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy