I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 2 Granada
- 3 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 4 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 5 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 6 22 year olds in Europe
- 7 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 8 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 9 Coffee in Naples
- 10 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 11 A Sardinia trip report
- 12 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 13 First time Ireland trip
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 21 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 22 Eastern Europe
- 23 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 24 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 25 Azores