I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 3 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 4 Paris and Normandy
- 5 rent muscle car in Norway
- 6 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 7 How do I private message a person?
- 8 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 9 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 10 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 11 Burgundy and Lyon
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #173
- 13 Hotel or aparthotel recommendations in Lyon?
- 14 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 15 best boucherons in Lyon?
- 16 Switzerland 7 days from Zurich
- 17 Visiting Lyon
- 18 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 19 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 20 sommerrodelbahn (luge, bobsled, toboggan, alpine coaster) near Salzburg?
- 21 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 22 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 23 Need help with 3 days in Salzburg area
- 24 weekend trip lodging
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?