I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 Train rides
- 4 Train Help
- 5 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 6 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 7 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 8 Paris gtg in October?
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 italy itinerary request
- 11 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 12 Bike packing Iceland food supply
- 13 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 14 First time in Italy
- 15 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 16 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 17 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 18 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 21 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 22 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 23 Renting a car in Florence
- 24 What about Basque Country?
- 25 Salento penninsula
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?