I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 2 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 3 Are you looking for most affordable tour packages?
- 4 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 5 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 6 Car rental/return near London
- 7 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 8 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 9 Europe Itinerary
- 10 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 11 Camino Redux
- 12 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 13 Rungis market Paris
- 14 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 15 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 16 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 17 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 18 Edgard bus website English version?
- 19 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 20 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 21 MiFi in Italy
- 22 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 23 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 24 On my way to Puglia
- 25 A week driving in Bavaria
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?