I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Observations About Paris
- 2 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 3 Scotland November 2015
- 4 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 5 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 6 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 9 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Is my plan ok
- 14 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 15 Reputable Tours
- 16 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 17 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 25 Portugal Trip