I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TOSHIBA PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT TOSHIBA Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 3 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 6 Frankfurt to UK
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Barcelona alternative
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 19 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 20 Spanish Medical Providers
- 21 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 22 Paris to Italy
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 25 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?