I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 3 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 4 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 5 Serviced Apartment in Sheffield
- 6 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 7 Athens airport
- 8 Stockholm archipelago tour or under 15 bridges tour?
- 9 Part 2 -Five Weeks in France - September 2015
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 12 When and how to book for a trip?
- 13 Car travel from Barcelona to Lourdes in December
- 14 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 15 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 16 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 17 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 18 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 21 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 22 please revew provence agenda
- 23 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 24 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 25 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?