I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 12 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Shoes in Scotland
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Naples, Italy
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?