I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 2 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 3 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 4 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 5 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 6 touring near rome airport
- 7 12 Days in Italy
- 8 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 9 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 10 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 11 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 12 day tours - Loire Valley
- 13 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 14 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 15 Sienna with kids
- 16 8 days in switzerland
- 17 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 18 Places to visits near Porto
- 19 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 20 Seville in September-La Bienal
- 21 Italy - best two central locations
- 22 Museum of Decorative Arts
- 23 Italy in August with kids
- 24 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 25 Hop on Hop Off buses in Porto
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?