I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 2 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 3 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 4 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Holland Itinerary
- 7 Iceland Trip Report
- 8 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 9 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 10 Rome Airport Question!
- 11 Portugal Walking Tour
- 12 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 13 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 14 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 15 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 16 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 17 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 18 I forgot my international driver permit
- 19 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 20 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 21 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 22 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 23 Prague old town
- 24 Ordering in a Deli
- 25 Trip report part 2 Naxos
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?