I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 4 Madrid city centre?
- 5 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 6 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 7 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 8 train from ravenna to parma
- 9 counselling in West London
- 10 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 14 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 15 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 16 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 17 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 18 Where to find high quality art and crafts in Italy?
- 19 Rail Travel: Eurail Pass or Train Tickets
- 20 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Puglia
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?