I would be landing in Frankfurt in mid-July and intend to make my way to Amsterdam immediately.
My flight (~9 hrs duration) lands at 6:40 PM. I am guessing by the time I complete airport formalities, go into the city & check-in to a hotel, it would be 8:30-9 PM. I could step out for few hours (I don't get tired much & am not an early sleeper). Anything I can do that night in Frankfurt apart from a quick dinner? I am a teetotaller & traveling solo, so I guess that limits typical 'nightlife' options. But many cities have special night tours / cruises / light & laser shows / vibrant local neighbourhoods, hence the q.
Secondly, should I spend any time at all the next day to see Frankfurt or immediately head out to Amsterdam?
If there is nothing of relevance in Frankfurt, I might as well try to catch a train to Amsterdam on my flight arrival in the evening.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 2 Spain - day driver advice
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 7 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 8 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 9 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 10 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 11 Greece
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Stuck in Paris
- 17 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 18 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 19 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 23 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Paris hotel
Landing in Frankfurt - anything worthwhile to spend 1D/N there?