We are planning a trip to Athens, then a 7 night cruise to Istanbul in May 2014. Upon arriving in Athens, we would like a nearby place to start our vacation for several nights before boarding our ship. Maybe a resort along the coast, not far from Athens? OR a super-close island with frequent ferry connections. If you can name a hotel / resort you get extra credit. Mid price, maybe pool, beach tavernas nearby a huge plus. We have been to Athens before and we are more interested in chillin' than sight-seeing at the start of this trip. THANKS!
Landing in Athens, nearby place to recover from jet lag
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Camino No-No
- 2 Ireland train system: first class??
- 3 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 5 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 6 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 7 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 8 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 9 apartment
- 10 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 11 travel insurance
- 12 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 13 Best way to tour Sicily?
- 14 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 15 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 16 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 17 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 18 London and nearby suggestions
- 19 Brighton-bath Uk
- 20 Suggestions for a week in Europe
- 21 Southeast Sicily for 10 days
- 22 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 23 Madrid
- 24 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 25 SIM cards in Italy,Germany, Austria, & Czech Republic