We are planning a trip to Athens, then a 7 night cruise to Istanbul in May 2014. Upon arriving in Athens, we would like a nearby place to start our vacation for several nights before boarding our ship. Maybe a resort along the coast, not far from Athens? OR a super-close island with frequent ferry connections. If you can name a hotel / resort you get extra credit. Mid price, maybe pool, beach tavernas nearby a huge plus. We have been to Athens before and we are more interested in chillin' than sight-seeing at the start of this trip. THANKS!
Landing in Athens, nearby place to recover from jet lag
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 2 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 3 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 4 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 5 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 6 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 7 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 11 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 12 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 13 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 15 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 16 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 17 Prague Main Train Station
- 18 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 19 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 British drivers
- 24 Trip around Spain
- 25 Berlin