We are planning a trip to Athens, then a 7 night cruise to Istanbul in May 2014. Upon arriving in Athens, we would like a nearby place to start our vacation for several nights before boarding our ship. Maybe a resort along the coast, not far from Athens? OR a super-close island with frequent ferry connections. If you can name a hotel / resort you get extra credit. Mid price, maybe pool, beach tavernas nearby a huge plus. We have been to Athens before and we are more interested in chillin' than sight-seeing at the start of this trip. THANKS!
Landing in Athens, nearby place to recover from jet lag
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 4 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 5 Hurtigruten Rip-Off
- 6 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 7 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 8 Last night in Italy advice
- 9 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 10 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 11 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 12 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 13 Norway Cruise or Another Destination???
- 14 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 15 Hey Fodor's
- 16 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 17 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 18 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 19 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 20 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 21 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 22 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 23 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 24 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 25 Nice, Airbnb apartment rental