We are planning a trip to Athens, then a 7 night cruise to Istanbul in May 2014. Upon arriving in Athens, we would like a nearby place to start our vacation for several nights before boarding our ship. Maybe a resort along the coast, not far from Athens? OR a super-close island with frequent ferry connections. If you can name a hotel / resort you get extra credit. Mid price, maybe pool, beach tavernas nearby a huge plus. We have been to Athens before and we are more interested in chillin' than sight-seeing at the start of this trip. THANKS!
Landing in Athens, nearby place to recover from jet lag
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 2 Is WESTMINSTER & WEST END in London the best parts to stay?
- 3 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 4 Rome to Amafi coast
- 5 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 8 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 9 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 10 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 12 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 13 Where to stay on Lake Como with Car
- 14 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 15 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 16 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 17 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 18 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 19 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 20 Language Camp ANTALYA
- 21 How much luggage?????
- 22 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 23 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 24 Cornwall or Paris?
- 25 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver