Dear Fellow Travelers,
My wife and I plan to spend two weeks in the UK in the first two weeks of September. Our first week will be dedicated to London where she's never been and I haven't been for 25 years...we plan to mix in a couple of day trips to Cambridge and Brighton (possibly Windsor as well). The plan is to then leave London by train and pickup a car wherever we end up so we will be mobile, though we do prefer to pick a "home base" and then explore every day in a different direction (as opposed to one night here, one night there and living out of our suitcases).
We are currently considering the Lakes District and North Wales and should have a good 5 or 6 days to enjoy. We do love history and castles as well as natural beauty, but aren't the very physical sort so any walks should be relatively easy. We intend to slow down just a bit after visiting busy London and look to romance it up with leisure drives, scenic beauty, etc.
Afterwards, we're thinking of flying out of Manchester back to NYC to avoid returning back to London. I'd love to hear your thoughts and preferences, including whether you think that with only 5-6 days we'd be wasting our time in one place or the other. Thanks for your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 2 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 3 Which city order makes most sense?
- 4 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 5 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 6 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 7 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 8 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 9 Valencia, Spain
- 10 Restaurants in Spain
- 11 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 12 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 13 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 14 credit and debit cards
- 15 Transportation Question Italy
- 16 Help with basic itinerary
- 17 Short Trip to Paris
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 19 Greece and Italy Combo
- 20 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 21 Final Four
- 22 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 23 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 24 Where are the Mods?
- 25 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
Dear Fellow Travelers,