we would like to spend about 3 days in the Lake Region at the beginning of September. We would like to explore both lakes and may be make a day trip to Lugano. We are flying into Milan Airport and I want to go directly to the Lake Region. Do we need a car to travel from one lake to another? Most of the posts suggest the car will be a liability there, but is there a public transportation between the lakes? how often it runs? how long does it take? Also, if we do rent a car to travel between the lakes, how are the roads in the region? Are they very windy mountain roads or they are not so difficult to drive? how lond does it take for a car to travel from one lake to another? The same question is about Lugano. Can we venture there for a day or half-day without a car? My husband used to drive in Europe, he is ok with it, but if the roads are too challenging I don't want him to get stressed on his vacation. Looking for the advise. Also, what will be a good base to do that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger