My husband and I are thinking of going to Lake Garda next year for 4 or 5 nights...would like to stay in one place and ferry around from that location, if possible. Wondering what area you think might be a good spot and if you have any hotel recommendations. Budget is about $300 or so a night. Would like to be in an area where we can walk to cafes and restaurants if possible. We have been to Lake Maggiore and a bit of Como and have heard wonderful things about Garda. Also, wondering what your opinion is on time of year to visit. I understand it gets very crowded in the summer,
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Florence
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 9 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 10 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 13 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 16 Windsor Castle
- 17 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 18 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 19 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 20 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 21 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 22 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 23 4 nights in Sardinia
- 24 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 25 help deciding between 2 itineraries!