If there are any walkers out there, can you help me decide between these three walks? The Dales Way, the Coast-to-Coast West and Coast-to-Coast East.
I wonder if anyone familiar with these walks might weigh in on scenery and these villages? I’ve been looking at photos of both walks and am leaning toward the Dales Walk for the seemingly more pastoral scenes (rolling hills, farms) versus the C-2-C, which seems more rugged and desolate. (Also, due to budget/time limitations, I wouldn’t be able to do the full C2C, but only the west segment or the east segment).
The Dales Way walk is Ilkley to Windermere (Ilkley to Burnsall, Burnsall to Buckden, Buckden to Lea Yeat, Lea Yeat to Sedbergh, Sedbergh to Grayrigg, Grayrigg to Bowness-On-Windermere).
However, the west segment of the C-2-C seems very popular… but maybe this is more for the “before-i-kick-the-bucket list” nature of the walk.
The walk would be the first week of September, which I understand means average temps around 63-67 F (17-19 C). I'll be walking alone, and am fairly comfortable with map-reading, but if anyone has first-hand experience on any of these walks and route difficulties, I'd appreciate your feedback on that as well.
Any thoughts or reccos? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Lake District Walkers: please help me decide
- 1 just want to know
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 6 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 7 Istanbul Hotels
- 8 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 9 Florence to nice- help
- 10 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 11 What is the best food in France?
- 12 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 13 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 14 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 15 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 16 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 17 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 18 Where to stay in London in July
- 19 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 20 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 21 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 22 Hiking in Germany/Innsbruck/Salzburg and where else?
- 23 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 24 This is a great book if you are visiting Venice
- 25 ferry to Harwich