If there are any walkers out there, can you help me decide between these three walks? The Dales Way, the Coast-to-Coast West and Coast-to-Coast East.
I wonder if anyone familiar with these walks might weigh in on scenery and these villages? I’ve been looking at photos of both walks and am leaning toward the Dales Walk for the seemingly more pastoral scenes (rolling hills, farms) versus the C-2-C, which seems more rugged and desolate. (Also, due to budget/time limitations, I wouldn’t be able to do the full C2C, but only the west segment or the east segment).
The Dales Way walk is Ilkley to Windermere (Ilkley to Burnsall, Burnsall to Buckden, Buckden to Lea Yeat, Lea Yeat to Sedbergh, Sedbergh to Grayrigg, Grayrigg to Bowness-On-Windermere).
However, the west segment of the C-2-C seems very popular… but maybe this is more for the “before-i-kick-the-bucket list” nature of the walk.
The walk would be the first week of September, which I understand means average temps around 63-67 F (17-19 C). I'll be walking alone, and am fairly comfortable with map-reading, but if anyone has first-hand experience on any of these walks and route difficulties, I'd appreciate your feedback on that as well.
Any thoughts or reccos? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinbrugh
- 2 Berlin to ?
- 3 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Studying art in English in venice
- 8 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Chania
- 18 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 19 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 20 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 21 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 25 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??