If there are any walkers out there, can you help me decide between these three walks? The Dales Way, the Coast-to-Coast West and Coast-to-Coast East.
I wonder if anyone familiar with these walks might weigh in on scenery and these villages? I’ve been looking at photos of both walks and am leaning toward the Dales Walk for the seemingly more pastoral scenes (rolling hills, farms) versus the C-2-C, which seems more rugged and desolate. (Also, due to budget/time limitations, I wouldn’t be able to do the full C2C, but only the west segment or the east segment).
The Dales Way walk is Ilkley to Windermere (Ilkley to Burnsall, Burnsall to Buckden, Buckden to Lea Yeat, Lea Yeat to Sedbergh, Sedbergh to Grayrigg, Grayrigg to Bowness-On-Windermere).
However, the west segment of the C-2-C seems very popular… but maybe this is more for the “before-i-kick-the-bucket list” nature of the walk.
The walk would be the first week of September, which I understand means average temps around 63-67 F (17-19 C). I'll be walking alone, and am fairly comfortable with map-reading, but if anyone has first-hand experience on any of these walks and route difficulties, I'd appreciate your feedback on that as well.
Any thoughts or reccos? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 4 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 8 We're here!
- 9 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 10 Trip Ideas
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 15 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 18 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 19 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 23 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 24 Acropolis Athens
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents