If there are any walkers out there, can you help me decide between these three walks? The Dales Way, the Coast-to-Coast West and Coast-to-Coast East.
I wonder if anyone familiar with these walks might weigh in on scenery and these villages? I’ve been looking at photos of both walks and am leaning toward the Dales Walk for the seemingly more pastoral scenes (rolling hills, farms) versus the C-2-C, which seems more rugged and desolate. (Also, due to budget/time limitations, I wouldn’t be able to do the full C2C, but only the west segment or the east segment).
The Dales Way walk is Ilkley to Windermere (Ilkley to Burnsall, Burnsall to Buckden, Buckden to Lea Yeat, Lea Yeat to Sedbergh, Sedbergh to Grayrigg, Grayrigg to Bowness-On-Windermere).
However, the west segment of the C-2-C seems very popular… but maybe this is more for the “before-i-kick-the-bucket list” nature of the walk.
The walk would be the first week of September, which I understand means average temps around 63-67 F (17-19 C). I'll be walking alone, and am fairly comfortable with map-reading, but if anyone has first-hand experience on any of these walks and route difficulties, I'd appreciate your feedback on that as well.
Any thoughts or reccos? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인바둑이＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼인터넷바카라‡아시안카지노
- 2 엘로우게임＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송카지노⊥슈퍼카지노
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 6 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 7 How the kids age calculated
- 8 Beaune France
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Firt time VISA applicant
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 advance tickets?
- 16 38 Days in Paris
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 A week in Paris
- 19 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 20 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 23 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 24 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 25 Crete/Athens June 2017