If there are any walkers out there, can you help me decide between these three walks? The Dales Way, the Coast-to-Coast West and Coast-to-Coast East.
I wonder if anyone familiar with these walks might weigh in on scenery and these villages? I’ve been looking at photos of both walks and am leaning toward the Dales Walk for the seemingly more pastoral scenes (rolling hills, farms) versus the C-2-C, which seems more rugged and desolate. (Also, due to budget/time limitations, I wouldn’t be able to do the full C2C, but only the west segment or the east segment).
The Dales Way walk is Ilkley to Windermere (Ilkley to Burnsall, Burnsall to Buckden, Buckden to Lea Yeat, Lea Yeat to Sedbergh, Sedbergh to Grayrigg, Grayrigg to Bowness-On-Windermere).
However, the west segment of the C-2-C seems very popular… but maybe this is more for the “before-i-kick-the-bucket list” nature of the walk.
The walk would be the first week of September, which I understand means average temps around 63-67 F (17-19 C). I'll be walking alone, and am fairly comfortable with map-reading, but if anyone has first-hand experience on any of these walks and route difficulties, I'd appreciate your feedback on that as well.
Any thoughts or reccos? Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice