I am thinking of spending the 25-27th May weekend (bank holiday) in Lake District with 1-2 other friends. We are looking for some place with plenty of walking/hiking (2 of us are quite fit - gym daily, the 3rd even better - marathons etc).
I am looking for a location with the following priorities (in descending order):
1. As few tourists as possible
2. Lots of walking/ outdoor acitivities
3. Possible to reach without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 3 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 4 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 7 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 10 10 days in London in early December
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 13 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 retruning to US with souveniers
- 20 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 21 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 22 Italy in January?
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Iceland rental camper company
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning
Lake District on the May bank holiday - fewer tourists and more walking?