I am thinking of spending the 25-27th May weekend (bank holiday) in Lake District with 1-2 other friends. We are looking for some place with plenty of walking/hiking (2 of us are quite fit - gym daily, the 3rd even better - marathons etc).
I am looking for a location with the following priorities (in descending order):
1. As few tourists as possible
2. Lots of walking/ outdoor acitivities
3. Possible to reach without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 2 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 3 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 4 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 7 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 8 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 11 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 12 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 15 Naples + Walking Tour
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 20 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 21 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 22 Venice gondola ride
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 25 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
Lake District on the May bank holiday - fewer tourists and more walking?