I am thinking of spending the 25-27th May weekend (bank holiday) in Lake District with 1-2 other friends. We are looking for some place with plenty of walking/hiking (2 of us are quite fit - gym daily, the 3rd even better - marathons etc).
I am looking for a location with the following priorities (in descending order):
1. As few tourists as possible
2. Lots of walking/ outdoor acitivities
3. Possible to reach without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 3 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Zurich to Milan trip
- 6 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 7 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 8 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 San Sebastián
- 14 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales
Lake District on the May bank holiday - fewer tourists and more walking?