I am thinking of spending the 25-27th May weekend (bank holiday) in Lake District with 1-2 other friends. We are looking for some place with plenty of walking/hiking (2 of us are quite fit - gym daily, the 3rd even better - marathons etc).
I am looking for a location with the following priorities (in descending order):
1. As few tourists as possible
2. Lots of walking/ outdoor acitivities
3. Possible to reach without a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 2 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 3 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam in August
- 7 My San Sebastian ideas
- 8 Santorini
- 9 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 10 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 11 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 12 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 13 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 14 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 15 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 16 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 17 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 18 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 19 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 20 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible
- 21 Seville Itinerary
- 22 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 23 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 24 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 25 First timers to Italy
Lake District on the May bank holiday - fewer tourists and more walking?