My girlfriend and I are going to Italy in a few months (we'll be arriving in Milan at 10:40a on Friday, April 22 and departing from Rome at 10:35a on Sunday, May 1, 2016) and I was hoping to get your advice on our plans - sorry, I know it's a lot to ask. Right now, the only things that are set in stone are an Airbnb in Moltrasio (Lake Como) for 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and an Airbnb in Rome for 2 nights at the end of the trip. We have already done the tourist stops in Italy (Florence, Venice, Milan, even Rome) so we are looking for a different kind of experience.
I got an email from Osteria Francescana - that we got in off the waitlist for a lunch table on Thursday, April 28. That kind of threw a wrench in our plans because it's towards the end of our trip and in North Italy and my girlfriend and I were dying to check out the Amalfi Coast. Here's our initial itinerary:
Friday, April 22, 2016 - Arrive in Milan. 45 minute drive from to Moltrasio. Night 1 in Moltrasio.
Saturday, April 23, 2016 - Night 2 in Moltrasio
Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 45 minute drive from Moltrasio to Milan Centrale. 4hr15min train to Napoli. Ferry or private car to Positano. Night 1 in Positano
Monday, April 25, 2016 - Night 2 in Positano
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - Night 3 in Positano
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - Ferry or private car to Naples, 4hr train to Modena through Bologna. Night 1 in Modena
Thursday, April 28, 2016 - Lunch at Osteria Francescana, Night 2 in Modena
Friday, April 29, 2016 - 2hr30min hour train from Modena to Rome, Night 1 in Rome
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - Night 2 in Rome - Airbnb in Trastevere
Sunday May 1, 2016 - Depart Rome
I guess my questions are:
Do you think that is doable?
Do you think we are trying to do too much by doing the North and South in 10 days?
What would you do if you were us?
What would you forgo?
We are seriously open to any and all options! I really appreciate any and all opinions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남안마좋은곳 010.4373.1910 ＃ 강남안마 メ
- 2 강남안마추천 010.4373.1910 ＃남궁실장 ＃
- 3 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 4 강남구안마 010.4373.1910 ＃남궁실장
- 5 Parking in Girona
- 6 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 7 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 8 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 9 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 10 SNCF - low price for summer
- 11 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 12 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 13 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 14 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 15 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 16 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 17 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 18 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 21 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 22 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Cinqueterre
- 25 Transportation Question Italy