My girlfriend and I are going to Italy in a few months (we'll be arriving in Milan at 10:40a on Friday, April 22 and departing from Rome at 10:35a on Sunday, May 1, 2016) and I was hoping to get your advice on our plans - sorry, I know it's a lot to ask. Right now, the only things that are set in stone are an Airbnb in Moltrasio (Lake Como) for 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and an Airbnb in Rome for 2 nights at the end of the trip. We have already done the tourist stops in Italy (Florence, Venice, Milan, even Rome) so we are looking for a different kind of experience.
I got an email from Osteria Francescana - that we got in off the waitlist for a lunch table on Thursday, April 28. That kind of threw a wrench in our plans because it's towards the end of our trip and in North Italy and my girlfriend and I were dying to check out the Amalfi Coast. Here's our initial itinerary:
Friday, April 22, 2016 - Arrive in Milan. 45 minute drive from to Moltrasio. Night 1 in Moltrasio.
Saturday, April 23, 2016 - Night 2 in Moltrasio
Sunday, April 24, 2016 - 45 minute drive from Moltrasio to Milan Centrale. 4hr15min train to Napoli. Ferry or private car to Positano. Night 1 in Positano
Monday, April 25, 2016 - Night 2 in Positano
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - Night 3 in Positano
Wednesday, April 27, 2016 - Ferry or private car to Naples, 4hr train to Modena through Bologna. Night 1 in Modena
Thursday, April 28, 2016 - Lunch at Osteria Francescana, Night 2 in Modena
Friday, April 29, 2016 - 2hr30min hour train from Modena to Rome, Night 1 in Rome
Saturday, April 30, 2016 - Night 2 in Rome - Airbnb in Trastevere
Sunday May 1, 2016 - Depart Rome
I guess my questions are:
Do you think that is doable?
Do you think we are trying to do too much by doing the North and South in 10 days?
What would you do if you were us?
What would you forgo?
We are seriously open to any and all options! I really appreciate any and all opinions! Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마카오호텔 ...ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้접 속:vtk17.COM.+//
- 2 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 5 릴게임총판 ≪접속주소 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 6 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 7 10 days in Paris and......
- 8 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 11 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Iceland in 7 days.
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 16 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Luggage Storage
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Paris hotels
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 24 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time