My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Potential trip - Balkans
- 2 Greece after the Vote
- 3 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 4 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 5 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 6 A Week in Spain
- 7 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 8 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 9 Now for the Venice hotel
- 10 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 11 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 12 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 13 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 14 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 15 week in scotland
- 16 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 17 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 18 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 19 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 20 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 21 Rocamaxour
- 22 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 23 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 24 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 25 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April