My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small wineries and other places Umbria/Tuscan border?
- 2 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 3 Côte du Rhône wine road
- 4 France to Italy advice needed please
- 5 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 6 Is this the best urban surf spot in the world?
- 7 A Week in Spain
- 8 When to buy companion ticket?
- 9 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 10 South of Switzerland
- 11 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 12 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 13 Home Base in Belgium
- 14 Things to do in/around Milan
- 15 Dolce Vita on a Budget?
- 16 Itinerary advice: Bergen, Hardangerfjord, and Sognefjord?
- 17 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 18 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 19 8 days Northern Italy/ Switzerland
- 20 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 21 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 25 Positano - Villa