My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 Small-group day tours from London?
- 3 Should I buy Trenitalia tickets ahead of time for my parents?
- 4 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 5 What time for early flight to Heathrow
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 a starting itinerary
- 10 England/Scotland in January?
- 11 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 12 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 13 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 14 Budapest main train station status
- 15 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 16 Packing for Croatia (23 days Sept-Oct)
- 17 Rome, Italy Sistine Chapel
- 18 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 19 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 20 Back from a great trip !!
- 21 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 22 Blackpool Illuminations - Tripping the Lights Fantastic Sep 4 - Nov 8, 2105
- 23 Kandersteg - Muddy Boots?
- 24 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 25 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris