My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 2 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 3 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 4 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 5 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 6 Prague itinerary advice
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 9 Santorini lodging
- 10 Ireland
- 11 Killarney
- 12 Italian car factory tours
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 17 Self drive tour companies
- 18 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 19 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 20 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 21 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 22 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 23 10 day Italy
- 24 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 25 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?