My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 2 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 3 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 4 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 5 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 6 ROME!!!
- 7 please revew provence agenda
- 8 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 9 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 10 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 11 Tuscany Help
- 12 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 13 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 14 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
- 15 walking tours/ personalguides in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen
- 16 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 17 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 18 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 19 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 20 Small detour from Paris
- 21 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 22 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 23 Sicily or Rome
- 24 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 25 Italy