My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 Rail tickets
- 4 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 5 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 6 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 7 bath or york
- 8 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 9 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 10 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 11 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 12 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 16 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 17 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 18 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 19 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 20 Paris to Rome
- 21 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 22 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 23 London tube
- 24 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 25 Owners Direct Rentals?