My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 2 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 What to wear
- 5 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 6 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 11 1 week in Croatia
- 12 german rail ticket question
- 13 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 14 Trip to Iceland
- 15 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books