My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Advices about our itiniary
- 5 Brief trip report Naples
- 6 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 7 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 8 Private transportation
- 9 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 10 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 11 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 12 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 13 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 14 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 15 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 16 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 17 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 18 Global Travel Warning...
- 19 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 20 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 22 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 23 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 24 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 25 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive