My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 2 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 3 Calling Jamikins
- 4 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 5 A drive in Europe
- 6 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 7 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 8 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 9 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 10 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 11 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 12 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 24 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions