My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day on the Rhine
- 2 Please help me give good travel advice
- 3 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 4 Portugal with children
- 5 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 6 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 7 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 8 Stopover in Tudela?
- 9 Travel throught Europe
- 10 Car Rentals in Athens
- 11 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 12 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 13 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station
- 14 Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)
- 15 driving day trip to la rioja from San Sebastian- winery / lunchcstops
- 16 From Sarajevo to Belgrade ?
- 17 Macarons!
- 18 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 19 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 20 Josselin region of Brittany
- 21 Need Advice for Stuttgart/Munich Area
- 22 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 23 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 24 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 25 Venice, then ?, then Munich