My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 2 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 3 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 4 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 5 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 6 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 7 Late night train from Prague
- 8 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 9 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 10 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 11 I'm in a funk
- 12 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 13 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 14 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 15 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 16 Mama Mia Italy!
- 17 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 18 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 19 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 20 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 21 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 24 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 25 Lauterbrunnen: hiking advisory