My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 2 air conditioning
- 3 Paris Visite pass
- 4 Cheap buses in Germany/Austria
- 5 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 6 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 9 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 Barcelona sites: attire
- 12 Self-driving in Iceland
- 13 Ann Frank House
- 14 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 15 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 16 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 17 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 18 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 19 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 21 Referendum in Greece
- 22 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 23 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 24 Barcelona Itinerary
- 25 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)