My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alterations to night trains routes
- 2 first family trip to Switzerland
- 3 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 4 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 5 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 6 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 7 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 8 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 9 Pisa or Siena?
- 10 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 11 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 14 Interested In Coach Passes
- 15 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 16 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 17 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 18 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 19 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 20 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 21 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 22 Avignon to London?
- 23 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 24 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 25 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum