My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 3 Alitala
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 8 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 9 Georgia in 4 days
- 10 Where should I go with my family?
- 11 First Solo Adventure
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 18 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 21 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 25 Tour or self drive Douro?