My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 What are the best places to see in England
- 4 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 7 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 8 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 Estonia Amber
- 11 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 12 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 13 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 14 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 15 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 16 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 17 Heli Tour
- 18 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 19 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 20 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 21 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 22 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium