My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 2 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 3 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 4 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 5 Any trouble using credit card on Bono Turistico Granada website?
- 6 First Time in Italy 12-14 Days
- 7 British Royals
- 8 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 9 Genoa - What are the Must Do's
- 10 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 11 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 12 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 13 Hotels in old Rome
- 14 Phone/GPS/Internet Access Strategies for European Vacation
- 15 France/Spain in june: Catalonia help, girona figures costa brava barcelona
- 16 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 17 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 18 St Gervais les-Bains to Colmar: Where to Stop for the Night?
- 19 ABOUT SPAIN
- 20 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 21 Help plan my honeymoon! Northern Spain, and/or Lisbon or Bordeaux
- 22 accomodation fo granada, malaga, ronda and cadiz
- 23 Exchanging Dollars to Euros
- 24 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 25 Como Lake for Easter weekend - is a rental car worthwhile?