My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 2 Super Cover For Hertz
- 3 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 4 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 5 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 6 4 days itinerary for France
- 7 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?
- 10 When to Visit Scotland
- 11 Where to buy Saffron?
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 14 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 House Hunting in France
- 17 Itinerary Tweaking
- 18 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 19 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 20 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Driving in Italy?
- 23 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 24 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 25 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?