My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany Trip
- 2 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 3 12-14 nights enough ?
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 6 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 9 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 10 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 11 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 12 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 13 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 14 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 15 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 16 Need help with my itinerary
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 21 Killarney
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 24 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 25 Spending Money for a 30 day trip