My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 2 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 3 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 4 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 5 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 6 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 7 Ravello to Paestum
- 8 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 9 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 10 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 11 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 12 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 13 Spain Itinerary Help
- 14 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 17 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 18 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 19 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 20 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 21 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 22 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 23 italy itinerary
- 24 5 Days in Corsica
- 25 What am I missing: Amsterdam