My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 5 Traveling in Belgium
- 6 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 7 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 11 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 12 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 13 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 14 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 15 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 16 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 17 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 18 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 19 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 20 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 25 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND