My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 2 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 3 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 4 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 5 Rome train to Positano
- 6 Madrid city centre?
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 10 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 11 Greece itinerary ideas
- 12 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 13 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 14 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Greece Experts
- 17 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 18 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 19 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 20 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 21 Car rental in Paris
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid