My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
lake como-venice in 5 days?
- 1 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 6 Dresden Train Station
- 7 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 8 Italian Lakes gardens
- 9 More help with housing in Puglia
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 12 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 13 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 14 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 15 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 16 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 21 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 22 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 23 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 24 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 25 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg