My husband and I want to go to visit lake como this easter for 5 days (end of March, from Wednesday night to Monday night). We have heard it is abolutely amazing and we want to visit Bellagio, Como, Verrana and rent a sailing boat one of the days!
I read many many threads and saw that many travellers combine lake Como with Venice. we have never been to Venice, so I researched and came with another plan:
1) Wednesday night: Fly to Venice and spend 2 nights in Venice (until Friday afternoon), 2) Friday afernoon: take the train to Como via Milan (its a 4,5 hours journey)
3) Friday night-Monday: spend 2 full days in Bellagio
4) Monday: take the train to Milan and fly from Milan airport
In this way we will combine city and nature... My question is: Is this schedule too tight? We are in our thirties and we want to see as much as possible but I am also pregnant so we need to relax too! Most people that combine Venice with lake Como do it in 8 or 9 days, while we have only 6.. I would really appreciate any help on planning our trip! I am just afraid that we will spend too many days in the trains..
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Help
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 4 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 5 Austria
- 6 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 7 Salento penninsula
- 8 Train rides
- 9 What about Basque Country?
- 10 Bursa/Iznik
- 11 Paris dinner cruises...best of the best if there is such a thing
- 12 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 13 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 14 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 15 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 16 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 17 Charles Degaulle question
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 Amsterdam in August
- 23 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 24 Pompeii luggage storage
- 25 Croatia Itinerary Advice - Thank you!