Lake Como in summer is undoubtedly one of the best places I have ever been to (not that I have been to that many, but still).
Reaching 36+ degrees, it can get VERY hot, but if your hotel has aircon, you will be perfectly happy, because the Lake cools the air outside.
We stayed in Cernobbio, but there is a number of towns which are equally as beautiful.
Prices for accommodation were higher than most other Euro cities I have travelled to, but there are cheaper options, they just are not as luxurious.
Food is easily available, mostly pizzas and pastas, from what I could tell (not that I minded!)
For a full report, with some photos and ticket information, see here:
Thanks for reading. If you are planning a trip, I envy you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano or Sorrento?
- 2 Munich itinerary review
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 13 nights in switzerland
- 5 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 6 Earthquake near Naples
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 3nights in Venice
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 18 Football Tickets - Athens
- 19 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 20 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 21 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 24 Budapest to Kosice
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid