Now that I'm thinking about Lake Como so much (other thread pertains to finding a particular movie scene) I have some new questions!
I might just have to go back to Lake Como this spring. We will see how the year unfolds, but, if I do, I'm thinking a long-overdue visit to Lake Garda would be in order, too.
In an 8 night trip (weekend to weekend), how does this sound?
Day 1: fly into Venice, over night there.
Day 2: after lunch travel to the northern part of Lake Garda. Stay in either Riva del Garda or Malcesine. Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 3: Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 4: Overnight Lake Garda.
Days 5-8: move on to Lake Como. Midlake stay two nights (Albergo Lenno, like usual) and then two nights in Cernobbio. This would mean an afternoon, and one full day, in Cernobbio.
The morning of day 9 is an early, early drive to MXP to fly home.
The reason I'm thinking of splitting Lake Como into two places to stay is because I miss the mid-lake, a lot, and still have things on my list of things to see there (San Martino church hike, for instance).
I haven't been to Cernobbio yet and there are some villas to visit there, too. Plus the early early morning drive to MXP probably means it's a good idea to be down there anyway the night before we leave. Arriving Cernobbio Sat around lunch is barely enough time to see anything (Sunday AM departure) so I figured spending two nights would be better; we can arrive late afternoon.
This would give us two full days on Lake Garda, for a first visit. I don't know whether we would stay in the northern bits or venture to Sirmione, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
Lake Como Lovers pt. II: how much time on Lake Garda, and, Cernobbio?