Now that I'm thinking about Lake Como so much (other thread pertains to finding a particular movie scene) I have some new questions!
I might just have to go back to Lake Como this spring. We will see how the year unfolds, but, if I do, I'm thinking a long-overdue visit to Lake Garda would be in order, too.
In an 8 night trip (weekend to weekend), how does this sound?
Day 1: fly into Venice, over night there.
Day 2: after lunch travel to the northern part of Lake Garda. Stay in either Riva del Garda or Malcesine. Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 3: Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 4: Overnight Lake Garda.
Days 5-8: move on to Lake Como. Midlake stay two nights (Albergo Lenno, like usual) and then two nights in Cernobbio. This would mean an afternoon, and one full day, in Cernobbio.
The morning of day 9 is an early, early drive to MXP to fly home.
The reason I'm thinking of splitting Lake Como into two places to stay is because I miss the mid-lake, a lot, and still have things on my list of things to see there (San Martino church hike, for instance).
I haven't been to Cernobbio yet and there are some villas to visit there, too. Plus the early early morning drive to MXP probably means it's a good idea to be down there anyway the night before we leave. Arriving Cernobbio Sat around lunch is barely enough time to see anything (Sunday AM departure) so I figured spending two nights would be better; we can arrive late afternoon.
This would give us two full days on Lake Garda, for a first visit. I don't know whether we would stay in the northern bits or venture to Sirmione, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Cognac transportation?
- 5 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 6 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 7 Granada to Madrid
- 8 Tour of Northern Italy
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 14 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 15 House Hunting in France
- 16 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 17 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 Barcelona cooking classes
- 22 1st time in ZURICH
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 25 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
Lake Como Lovers pt. II: how much time on Lake Garda, and, Cernobbio?