Now that I'm thinking about Lake Como so much (other thread pertains to finding a particular movie scene) I have some new questions!
I might just have to go back to Lake Como this spring. We will see how the year unfolds, but, if I do, I'm thinking a long-overdue visit to Lake Garda would be in order, too.
In an 8 night trip (weekend to weekend), how does this sound?
Day 1: fly into Venice, over night there.
Day 2: after lunch travel to the northern part of Lake Garda. Stay in either Riva del Garda or Malcesine. Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 3: Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 4: Overnight Lake Garda.
Days 5-8: move on to Lake Como. Midlake stay two nights (Albergo Lenno, like usual) and then two nights in Cernobbio. This would mean an afternoon, and one full day, in Cernobbio.
The morning of day 9 is an early, early drive to MXP to fly home.
The reason I'm thinking of splitting Lake Como into two places to stay is because I miss the mid-lake, a lot, and still have things on my list of things to see there (San Martino church hike, for instance).
I haven't been to Cernobbio yet and there are some villas to visit there, too. Plus the early early morning drive to MXP probably means it's a good idea to be down there anyway the night before we leave. Arriving Cernobbio Sat around lunch is barely enough time to see anything (Sunday AM departure) so I figured spending two nights would be better; we can arrive late afternoon.
This would give us two full days on Lake Garda, for a first visit. I don't know whether we would stay in the northern bits or venture to Sirmione, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Planning A trip
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
Lake Como Lovers pt. II: how much time on Lake Garda, and, Cernobbio?