Now that I'm thinking about Lake Como so much (other thread pertains to finding a particular movie scene) I have some new questions!
I might just have to go back to Lake Como this spring. We will see how the year unfolds, but, if I do, I'm thinking a long-overdue visit to Lake Garda would be in order, too.
In an 8 night trip (weekend to weekend), how does this sound?
Day 1: fly into Venice, over night there.
Day 2: after lunch travel to the northern part of Lake Garda. Stay in either Riva del Garda or Malcesine. Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 3: Overnight Lake Garda.
Day 4: Overnight Lake Garda.
Days 5-8: move on to Lake Como. Midlake stay two nights (Albergo Lenno, like usual) and then two nights in Cernobbio. This would mean an afternoon, and one full day, in Cernobbio.
The morning of day 9 is an early, early drive to MXP to fly home.
The reason I'm thinking of splitting Lake Como into two places to stay is because I miss the mid-lake, a lot, and still have things on my list of things to see there (San Martino church hike, for instance).
I haven't been to Cernobbio yet and there are some villas to visit there, too. Plus the early early morning drive to MXP probably means it's a good idea to be down there anyway the night before we leave. Arriving Cernobbio Sat around lunch is barely enough time to see anything (Sunday AM departure) so I figured spending two nights would be better; we can arrive late afternoon.
This would give us two full days on Lake Garda, for a first visit. I don't know whether we would stay in the northern bits or venture to Sirmione, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Top Tapas Tascas
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 8 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Greece
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Prem fares (again)
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Iceland, france spain
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
Lake Como Lovers pt. II: how much time on Lake Garda, and, Cernobbio?