My husband and I just returned from Lucerne, Lake Como and Zurich. We loved Lucerne and Lake Como (Tremezzo) and want to return to Lake Como next year. We'd like to fly into Milan and combine Lake Como with one other place for 4 or 5 days (we'll spend 6 days in Lake Como). We'd like somewhere that's a 3 hour or less drive from Malpensa and Tremezzo. I was in Venice many years ago and would happily return, but my husband is turned off by talk of crowds. Same with CT. We love beautiful scenery, walkable towns, good food. I've considered St. Moritz, but there's something about it that doesn't appeal to me and would probably prefer to stay in Italy. As background, most of our European trips have been to France - we love Paris, Normandy, Provence and Nice. We're done with castles. We weren't crazy about Zurich. Pretty city, but not a vacation feel., Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 2 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 3 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 4 Train up the Jungfrau
- 5 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 6 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 7 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 8 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 9 A visit to Greenwich
- 10 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 11 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 12 Spain or South of France in July 2017?
- 13 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 14 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 15 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 16 I Cuisine vs Cookin with Class
- 17 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 18 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 19 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 20 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 21 10 day Iceland Road Trip in early April. Advice Needed!
- 22 First Trip to Ireland
- 23 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 24 Short Trip to Paris
- 25 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?