My husband and I just returned from Lucerne, Lake Como and Zurich. We loved Lucerne and Lake Como (Tremezzo) and want to return to Lake Como next year. We'd like to fly into Milan and combine Lake Como with one other place for 4 or 5 days (we'll spend 6 days in Lake Como). We'd like somewhere that's a 3 hour or less drive from Malpensa and Tremezzo. I was in Venice many years ago and would happily return, but my husband is turned off by talk of crowds. Same with CT. We love beautiful scenery, walkable towns, good food. I've considered St. Moritz, but there's something about it that doesn't appeal to me and would probably prefer to stay in Italy. As background, most of our European trips have been to France - we love Paris, Normandy, Provence and Nice. We're done with castles. We weren't crazy about Zurich. Pretty city, but not a vacation feel., Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 9 Cont...@yahoo Mai** Sup **18884823831** Tech Sup PH NO ☛☎
- 10 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 13 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 14 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 15 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Madrid airport question
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 20 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 24 38 Days in Paris
- 25 Naxos car rental