My husband and I just returned from Lucerne, Lake Como and Zurich. We loved Lucerne and Lake Como (Tremezzo) and want to return to Lake Como next year. We'd like to fly into Milan and combine Lake Como with one other place for 4 or 5 days (we'll spend 6 days in Lake Como). We'd like somewhere that's a 3 hour or less drive from Malpensa and Tremezzo. I was in Venice many years ago and would happily return, but my husband is turned off by talk of crowds. Same with CT. We love beautiful scenery, walkable towns, good food. I've considered St. Moritz, but there's something about it that doesn't appeal to me and would probably prefer to stay in Italy. As background, most of our European trips have been to France - we love Paris, Normandy, Provence and Nice. We're done with castles. We weren't crazy about Zurich. Pretty city, but not a vacation feel., Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Summer Travel order
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 LIsbon
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 Corfu
- 9 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 10 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 International Flight Question
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Trip suggestion
- 18 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 19 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 20 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 21 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 25 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain