My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Lake Como and Venice - 6 days??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin from Rostock?
- 2 Hotels that we found special
- 3 Heathrow to Paddington Trains
- 4 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 5 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 6 Too many Trip Reports
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 10 What to do in Klaipeda?
- 11 Is this the right way<>?
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Art in Paris
- 14 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 15 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 16 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 17 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 18 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 19 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 20 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 21 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 22 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 23 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir