My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Lake Como and Venice - 6 days??
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 6 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 7 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 8 first european holiday itinery
- 9 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 10 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 11 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 12 Traveling within Italy
- 13 Which travel plan?
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 16 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 17 Travel by train or bus
- 18 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 7 days in Andalucia