My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon
- 2 Dolomites October 14-18
- 3 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 6 Traveling into Frankfurt and catching a flight to London
- 7 Le Marche, Italy
- 8 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 9 Two Weeks in Normandy/Paris
- 10 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 11 sim card
- 12 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 15 Is Venice overrated?
- 16 San Sebastian to Cadaques
- 17 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 18 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 19 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 20 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 21 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 22 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 23 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 24 Venice to Croatia
- 25 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken