My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 2 12 days europe
- 3 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 4 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 5 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 6 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 7 Rail pass question
- 8 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 9 Convents in Venice
- 10 cell phone companys
- 11 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 12 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 13 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 14 3 days to spend in europe
- 15 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 16 Berlin restaurant recs
- 17 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 18 Ravello to Paestum
- 19 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 20 Renting bed linens and towels
- 21 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 22 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 23 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 24 Amalfi coast
- 25 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall