My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 2 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 6 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 7 Basque country ideas
- 8 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 9 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 First trip to Italy
- 12 CHEAP SAFARIS TO TANZANIA
- 13 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 14 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 15 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 16 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 17 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 20 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 21 20 Days in Europe
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 24 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 25 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.