My husband and I are looking to do a trip to Lake Como and Venice in early May. He has to be out in Switzerland for a work meeting so we were thinking I would fly in early morning on Monday to Zurich, meet him there and take a train to Lake Como. We would then spend Tuesday and Wednesday in Como (where TBD, recommendations are greatly appreciated!), take the train to Venice on Thursday morning and then spend Friday and Saturday in Venice and fly back to Atlanta on Sunday. Questions:
1. Is this enough time to do everything?
2. How is the weather in these areas early in May?
3. Where should we stay / what should we do at Lake Como?
4. We currently have reservations at Hotel Danielli in Venice, is this a good location?
Any input or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. We are in our mid thirties and love to travel...not sure if that helps with any advice!
THANKS A BUNCH!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 6 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 16 Iceland for Nine Days
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 19 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary