My travel companion and I decided to add Como to our trip after shifting over plans and realizing we have an extra day. But we want to be back in Milan by evening to be able to go back to our hostels and freshen up and to be able to go to the Armani Bamboo Bar for an aperitivo and the Dolce & Gabbana Gold Restaurant for dinner & desert. The Armani Bamboo Bar aperitivo is from 6:30 - 9:00 and dinner at Gold is from 7:30-11:00 PM.
Is coming back to Milano Centrale by 6 reasonable? We are planning to take the train from Milan to Varrena, stroll a little, take the ferry from Varrena to Bellagio and have lunch and explore and then take the ferry to Como, where we will catch a train to Milan. We don't want to feel rushed, though, so can anyone recommend a good pace? We can always switch the 2nd night plans in Milan with this (3rd) night if it is recommended to spend longer in Como.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 3 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 4 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 5 Train travel
- 6 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 7 WWI Battlefields
- 8 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 11 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 14 Iceland 3 day layover
- 15 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 16 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 17 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Milos beach stay
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 22 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 23 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 24 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 25 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?