My travel companion and I decided to add Como to our trip after shifting over plans and realizing we have an extra day. But we want to be back in Milan by evening to be able to go back to our hostels and freshen up and to be able to go to the Armani Bamboo Bar for an aperitivo and the Dolce & Gabbana Gold Restaurant for dinner & desert. The Armani Bamboo Bar aperitivo is from 6:30 - 9:00 and dinner at Gold is from 7:30-11:00 PM.
Is coming back to Milano Centrale by 6 reasonable? We are planning to take the train from Milan to Varrena, stroll a little, take the ferry from Varrena to Bellagio and have lunch and explore and then take the ferry to Como, where we will catch a train to Milan. We don't want to feel rushed, though, so can anyone recommend a good pace? We can always switch the 2nd night plans in Milan with this (3rd) night if it is recommended to spend longer in Como.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Ireland hotel questions
- 3 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 4 Ireland travel passport question
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 9 Switzerland in November?
- 10 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 16 Barcelona cooking classes
- 17 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 21 4 days itinerary for France
- 22 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 25 Malaga - places to stay and eat