I'm in the final stages of putting together a week-long trip through Slovenia and am down to one question: Would 2 nights be better spent around Lake Bled, and one night in Bovec/Kobarid, or vise-versa? Which area merits more time and attention?
I'm traveling with my 70-something parents so our interests tend towards looking at great scenery and seeing historic sites and old towns (i.e. no white-water rafting for us). With the Soca Valley, it seems like one can easily cross over into Italy and see Udine, Gorizia and the surrounding region. With Bled, there's also Radovlijca and Lake Bohinj.
Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 2 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 3 Paris and Normandy
- 4 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 5 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 9 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 12 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Airport Transit Visa
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 19 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 20 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 21 Paris advice with kids
- 22 Anniversary trip to France
- 23 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 24 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE