Late next week, we depart for our annual trip with my folks, DH and I, and our two sons (age 2 and 4). We'll be spending the first 8 nights in Montepulciano in our beloved Politian Apartments. We have not visited Lago Trasimeno on prior trips even though it looks to be only 30km away. We are hoping to change that this trip!
We would welcome any and all guidance on highlights to see and in particular, anything that young children might really enjoy (playgrounds, sandy areas, etc). The boys are pretty good about allowing us to see one "grown-up" sight per day so long as we reward them with something kid-friendly in the afternoon. To that end, info on any other kid-friendly farms or sights in the area would be greatly appreciated. They love the Montepulciano and Pienza playgrounds, but it is always nice to switch it up a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan private guide
- 2 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 5 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 6 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 7 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Italian lakes
- 9 Santorini lodging
- 10 No Periods in British Written English!
- 11 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 What do after Bernia Express?
- 14 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 15 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 16 Self drive tour companies
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 19 Ischia
- 20 9 days in London
- 21 Germany family road trip help!
- 22 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May
Lago Trasimeno daytrip with young children - tips & suggestions needed!