Late next week, we depart for our annual trip with my folks, DH and I, and our two sons (age 2 and 4). We'll be spending the first 8 nights in Montepulciano in our beloved Politian Apartments. We have not visited Lago Trasimeno on prior trips even though it looks to be only 30km away. We are hoping to change that this trip!
We would welcome any and all guidance on highlights to see and in particular, anything that young children might really enjoy (playgrounds, sandy areas, etc). The boys are pretty good about allowing us to see one "grown-up" sight per day so long as we reward them with something kid-friendly in the afternoon. To that end, info on any other kid-friendly farms or sights in the area would be greatly appreciated. They love the Montepulciano and Pienza playgrounds, but it is always nice to switch it up a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 2 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 5 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 6 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 7 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 8 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 9 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 10 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 11 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 12 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 16 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 19 Super Cover For Hertz
- 20 When to Visit Scotland
- 21 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 22 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 23 Amalfi Coast help
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Sicily
Lago Trasimeno daytrip with young children - tips & suggestions needed!