Late next week, we depart for our annual trip with my folks, DH and I, and our two sons (age 2 and 4). We'll be spending the first 8 nights in Montepulciano in our beloved Politian Apartments. We have not visited Lago Trasimeno on prior trips even though it looks to be only 30km away. We are hoping to change that this trip!
We would welcome any and all guidance on highlights to see and in particular, anything that young children might really enjoy (playgrounds, sandy areas, etc). The boys are pretty good about allowing us to see one "grown-up" sight per day so long as we reward them with something kid-friendly in the afternoon. To that end, info on any other kid-friendly farms or sights in the area would be greatly appreciated. They love the Montepulciano and Pienza playgrounds, but it is always nice to switch it up a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 road trip through scotland
- 2 Best Neck Pillow
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 5 Tieks for travel
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 8 Tracking the Weather
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 11 Where to eat in Rome?
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 15 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 16 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Italy travel plan help
- 19 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 20 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 21 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 22 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 23 Alsace to Austria?
- 24 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 25 Budapest language lessons
Lago Trasimeno daytrip with young children - tips & suggestions needed!