Late next week, we depart for our annual trip with my folks, DH and I, and our two sons (age 2 and 4). We'll be spending the first 8 nights in Montepulciano in our beloved Politian Apartments. We have not visited Lago Trasimeno on prior trips even though it looks to be only 30km away. We are hoping to change that this trip!
We would welcome any and all guidance on highlights to see and in particular, anything that young children might really enjoy (playgrounds, sandy areas, etc). The boys are pretty good about allowing us to see one "grown-up" sight per day so long as we reward them with something kid-friendly in the afternoon. To that end, info on any other kid-friendly farms or sights in the area would be greatly appreciated. They love the Montepulciano and Pienza playgrounds, but it is always nice to switch it up a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples + Walking Tour
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 TIM in FCO - update
- 4 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 8 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 9 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 10 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 11 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 12 Venice gondola ride
- 13 Paris and Normandy
- 14 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 15 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 16 Does Paris ruin you for life?
- 17 London and Normandy
- 18 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 19 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 20 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 21 rent muscle car in Norway
- 22 Athens tour guide advice
- 23 Athens International Airport customs and baggage reclaim
- 24 mystras or nemea
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
Lago Trasimeno daytrip with young children - tips & suggestions needed!