Late next week, we depart for our annual trip with my folks, DH and I, and our two sons (age 2 and 4). We'll be spending the first 8 nights in Montepulciano in our beloved Politian Apartments. We have not visited Lago Trasimeno on prior trips even though it looks to be only 30km away. We are hoping to change that this trip!
We would welcome any and all guidance on highlights to see and in particular, anything that young children might really enjoy (playgrounds, sandy areas, etc). The boys are pretty good about allowing us to see one "grown-up" sight per day so long as we reward them with something kid-friendly in the afternoon. To that end, info on any other kid-friendly farms or sights in the area would be greatly appreciated. They love the Montepulciano and Pienza playgrounds, but it is always nice to switch it up a bit!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 5 Swiss Travel Pass
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Germany train help!
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 17 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 18 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 19 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 20 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 21 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 25 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
Lago Trasimeno daytrip with young children - tips & suggestions needed!