says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 2 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 6 3 weeks in Spain
- 7 Rent a car in England
- 8 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 11 2017 Easter in Italy
- 12 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 13 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 14 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 15 Edinburgh to Skye
- 16 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 17 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 18 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 19 Croatia transportation question.
- 20 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 21 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 24 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 25 Italy Puglia and Le Marche