says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 3 day layover
- 2 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 3 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 6 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 7 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 8 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 9 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 10 Milos beach stay
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 13 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 14 WWI Battlefields
- 15 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 16 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 20 National Parks near Prague, Budapest, Vienna or Eastern Europe?
- 21 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 22 Christmas Markets 2017
- 23 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 24 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 25 US AARP discounts in Europe