says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 2 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 5 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 6 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 7 Where to go in March??
- 8 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 9 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 10 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 11 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 12 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 13 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 14 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 15 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 16 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 17 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 18 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 19 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 20 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 21 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 22 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 23 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 24 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 25 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome