says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 2 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 3 Help! Overnight train from Ljubljana/Zagreb to Budapest!?
- 4 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 5 Summer French classes for kids
- 6 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 7 Trans-Siberia Train
- 8 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 9 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 10 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 11 Discover Effortless Way To Construct Muscle Fast
- 12 Edgard bus website English version?
- 13 Are you looking for most affordable tour packages?
- 14 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 15 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 16 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 17 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 18 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 19 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 20 Car rental/return near London
- 21 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 22 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Europe Itinerary
- 25 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius