says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight connection in CDG
- 2 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 3 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 4 Ravenna Mosaics
- 5 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 9 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 10 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 12 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 13 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 14 Our time in Rome
- 15 France for a month in 2017
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 18 Barcelona extension
- 19 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 20 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 21 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Stockholm Transport/ tours- Port Vartahamnen
- 24 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 25 a few hours in Stockholm