says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Krakow Europe's 3rd Most Polluted City in Europe...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Rome?
- 2 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 3 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 4 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 Passport Delays
- 7 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 8 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 9 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?
- 10 International driving permit required in France?
- 11 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 12 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 13 Message for Ackislander
- 14 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 15 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 16 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 17 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 18 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 19 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 20 Netherlands Delta Works
- 21 Cotswolds village base
- 22 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 23 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 24 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 25 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe