says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 11 Summer Travel order
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 14 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 15 Swiss Travel Pass
- 16 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 17 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 18 Another tipping question: concierges
- 19 24 hours in Zurich
- 20 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 21 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 22 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 23 Trip suggestion
- 24 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 25 Places to visit during a semester in Spain