says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 T Mobile Does it Again
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 4 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 5 Hungary itinerary Help
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 12 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 18 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 22 Itinerary Help
- 23 sim card
- 24 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?