says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Krakow Europe's 3rd Most Polluted City in Europe...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 2 Golfing in Ireland
- 3 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 4 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 5 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 6 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 7 What still confounds you about travel?
- 8 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 12 Santorini
- 13 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 14 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 15 Foie gras, redux
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 20 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 21 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 22 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 25 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?