says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Krakow Europe's 3rd Most Polluted City in Europe...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 3 All Set To Go!!
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 8 Story of the German Christmas star
- 9 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 10 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Three ferries to Mull
- 13 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 14 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 15 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 16 driving in france with kids
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 22 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 23 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 24 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 25 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?