says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 2 http://anradrol.com/jack-hammer-xl/
- 3 Renting bed linens and towels
- 4 Italy for the first time
- 5 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 6 Calling home from abroad
- 7 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 8 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 9 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 10 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 11 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 12 20 free days of Europe
- 13 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 14 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 15 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 16 Our European adventures
- 17 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 18 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 19 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 20 Spain Trip Report
- 21 CDG international flight
- 22 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 23 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 24 Norfolk base
- 25 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!