says this article in the Krakow Post - NYTimes article also said Krakow had third worst polluted air in Europe, only trailing two towns in Bulgaria.
Seems Poland relies almost entirely on coal for heating and in fall and winter the burning of coal for electricity results in dangerously high levels of air pollution.
So asthmatics take care if traveling in times of high pollution or anyone with breathing problems. And Krakow is one of my very favorite cities in Europe - the best place I've seen in Poland by far and with one of the sweetest most unique town squares anywhere!.
Krakow Europe's 3rd Most Polluted City in Europe...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 2 A Week in Spain
- 3 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 4 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 5 Now for the Venice hotel
- 6 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 7 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 8 week in scotland
- 9 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 10 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 11 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 12 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 13 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 14 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 15 Rocamaxour
- 16 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 19 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 22 venice, italy
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Itinerary help
- 25 Where to go in France mid July?